- Senior Shia Cleric: Islamic Awakening is the fruit of Imam Khomeini efforts
“The spread of Islamic Awakening is the results of Imam Khomeini’s (RA) efforts,” Islamic Jurisprudent, Ayatollah Hussein Nouri Hamedani said.“The spread of Islamic Awakening is the results of Imam Khomeini’s (RA) efforts,” Islamic Jurisprudent, Ayatollah Hussein Nouri Hamedani said.
- Kuwaiti Tweets His Way Into Jail, Worsening Shia-Sunni Tensions
A man in Kuwait was sentenced to a decade of imprisonment on Monday for mocking Sunni Islam on social media.
- Iraqi Shia, Sunni Condemn Terrorist Attack on Shiite Endowment Department
Shia and Sunni officials in Iraq have issued statements condemning the terrorist attack outside a Shi’ite office in Baghdad, Lepoint website reported.
- Bomb attack in Baghdad kills 25
BAGHDAD- A suicide attacker blew up a bomb-packed car at a Shia foundation’s headquarters in Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 25 people and sparking fears of sectarian strife at a time of political crisis.
- Wahhabi terrorists martyred a Shia Muslim due to firing in Gilgit city, 2 injured
The terrorists opened fire in Gilgit city’s Domial locality, close to PTDC Hotel, at around 8:30 in the evening on Monday, injuring three people.
- Bahraini opposition activists tell court of “torture”
Three leading Bahraini opposition activists, facing up to life in jail on charges of plotting to overthrow the monarchy, told their trial on Tuesday of how they were tortured in custody, their lawyers said.
- Iran steps in to prop up Iraq’s Maliki
BAGHDAD, June 5 (UPI) — Amid a surge of bombings in Iraq, Iran appears to be getting concerned about growing efforts to unseat Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, whom Tehran helped to power.
- Sectarian divide takes alarming turn
The conflict in Syria is giving way to a troubling phenomenon of hastily drawn sectarian lines throughout the Middle East. A perpetual and repugnant war is likely to replace the collective aspirations for equality, freedom and democracy that fuelled the non-violent uprising nearly 15 months ago.
- Iraqi police put down prison riots in Baghdad
BAGHDAD (AP) — Guards put down riots at two Baghdad prisons Tuesday, firing in the air and swinging clubs after inmates set tents, garbage and blankets on fire, officials said.
- Regional players decide Syria’s destiny
Opposing forces in the Middle East are interfering more and more in the Syrian crisis, just as they did in Lebanon 30 years ago. The international community remains divided over how to intervene and stop the conflict.