- Iraq bombs kill 70 Shia pilgrims, police
BAGHDAD: Bombers struck at Shia pilgrims celebrating a religious festival in Baghdad and across Iraq on Wednesday, killing more than 70 people in one of the bloodiest days since the last US troops left the country in December.
- Australia: Community opposition threatens a Shia Mosque to be build
Henley Brook WA, Australia (Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – OVERWHELMING community opposition has crushed a womans dream to build a mosque in Henley Brook but not her desire to revive the project one day.
- Senior Shia Cleric Warning Saudi Authorities Against Offending Iranian Pilgrims
Senior Shia cleric met with Irans new official in Hajj affairs to stress the relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia Hajj organizations warning Saudi authorities against offending Iranian pilgrims.
- The Independent: Saudi Arabia, Qatar Ignite Crisis, Arm Syrian Rebels
The UK-based Independent has learnt that Arab countries; Saudi Arabia and Qatar, are funding and arming the rebel groups in Syria.
- Grand Ayatollah Golpaygani: We Will Never Boycott Hajj Pilgrimage
A top Iranian Shia cleric referred to the mistreatment towards Iranian Hajj pilgrims and rejected boycotting Hajj pilgrimage.
- Al-Wefaq leader: No army can stop Bahrain revolution
The leader of Bahrain’s main opposition group al-Wefaq, Sheikh Ali Salman, says that all armies of the hostile countries would not be able to stop Bahrainis revolution.
- Kuwaiti company invests $300 million in holy city of Karbala
Kuwaiti group signed a contract with the province to implement three projects, to be implemented when the proper land is handed over.
- Extremists open fire in the Sindh Agriculture University, 1 Shia injured
Members of the banned extremist organization SSP opened fire in the University of Agriculture in Tando Jam, Sindh, injuring a Shiite student Faqeer Mohammed.
- Bahrain Charges Recently Released Child With Political Crimes
Manama, Jun 13 (Prensa Latina) Authorities from Bahrain confirmed today that they are charging an 11-year old child, recently released after a month in prison and targeted for criminal prosecution, for participating in illegal opposition protests.
- Syria overruns rebellious village, violence spikes
BEIRUT (AP) – Syrian forces overran a mountain enclave near the Mediterranean coast Wednesday, seizing the territory back from rebels as a serious escalation in violence signaled both sides are using more powerful weapons.