- Turkish F-4 warplane ‘shot down’ near Syrian border
Turkey has said it believes that one of its fighter jets has been shot down by Syrian security forces.
- Syrian Armed Groups Preventing Evacuation of Wounded People in Homs
Syria accuses armed groups in Homs of hindering efforts made by aid groups to enter the city and evacuate wounded people and families.syrian armed group
- Nephew of Iraq’s Saddam claims asylum in Austria
(Reuters) – A nephew of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein who is wanted by Iraq for membership of a terrorist organisation has claimed asylum in Austria saying he feared persecution, Austria’s interior ministry said on Friday.
- Saudi Arabia lied about executed Iranian prisoners: official
TEHRAN – Iran has canceled its decision to invite Saudi King Abdullah to the XVI Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement, which is scheduled to be held in Tehran from August 26 to 31.
- Bahrain: Campaign to arrest Alkhalifa dictator’s torturer son as repression intensifies
The arrest, torture and abuse of a young female University student by the men of John Timoney and John Yates has shaken the country to the core.
- Bahrain opposition leader says injured in police clashes
MANAMA: The leader of Bahrain’s leading opposition party was hit by a rubber bullet and teargas canister during clashes with riot police on Friday, the party said, describing it as an escalation of government efforts to stop protests led by majority Shias.
- Blasts kill 13, wound 100 in Iraqi market
BAGHDAD: At least 13 people were killed and more than 100 wounded on Friday when two roadside bombs exploded in a Baghdad market, Iraqi police and hospital sources said, in the latest attack targeting Shia this month.
- India working on insurance cover for oil imports from Iran
NEW DELHI — India is speeding up efforts to ensure insurance cover for tankers which bring in crude oil from Iran, about a week before the onset of European Union sanctions that will effectively cut off insurance services for oil shipments from the Islamic Republic.
- Lebanese-Syrian Border Witnesses Violent Clashes, Kidnappings
Lebanese-Syrian border townsThe Lebanese-Syrian border has witnessed violent clashes and kidnapping incident fueling the unrest between the two countries.