- 3rd Shaban Birthday Anniversary of Imam Hussain (A.S.)
Imam Hussain (A.S.), the Doyen of the Martyrs, the Grandson of the Holy Prophet of Islam (S.A.W.), the Chief of the Youth of Paradise who saved Islam from complete destruction by his great sacrifice at the battlefield of Karbala was born in the holy city of Madinah on the 3rd day of the month of Shaban in the fourth year after the Hijrah.
- UK soldiers beat innocent Iraqi men in ‘black ops’ jails but new secret justice law means their torture will be hidden forever
London. The Daily Mail on Sunday can today reveal devastating new claims of abuse by British soldiers carried out at a secret network of illegal prisons in the Iraqi desert.
- Shiite Genocide Continues, Hasan Ali Jafry Martyred by Sipah-e-Sahab Pakistan Firing
According to sources, Hasan Ali Jafry was shot dead by members of the banned extremist organization Sipah-e-Sahab Pakistan in Shareefabad.
- Life of Hazrat Fatemeh Zahra (SA) published in Tai language
On the occasion of Mabas ceremony and sponsored by Iranian cultural office in Bangkok, a book entitled “Hazrat Fatemeh Zahra, Daughter of Holy prophet” translated, published and released in Tai language.
- Pakistan: Seal of Masjid and Imam Bargah broken on Allama Nasir Abbas Jafri order
Shia youths broke the seal of a Masjid and Imam Bargah in Sargodha on the order of Allama Raja Nasir Abbas Jafri, secretary general of Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen.
- Azerbaijan – A Repressive, Corrupt Country That The West Loves: There Must Be Oil
In many ways, Azerbaijan is an outlier nation. The former Soviet republic is an overwhelmingly Shia Muslim state that has poor relations with its Shia neighbor Iran, but it enjoys warm ties with Israel. Moreover, geopolitically, Azerbaijan seeks closer ties with democratic nations like the United States and Western Europe, but it maintains repressive control over its own people; indeed, the country’s leaders are suspected of having committed grave human rights abuses.
- Preliminary examination reveals body not Sadr’s
The official commission tasked with following up on the disappearance of Shia leader Imam Moussa al-Sadr and his two companions said on Saturday that the preliminary examination of a body thought to be Sadr’s was not his.
- Turkey threatens action after Syria downs jet
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Syria said Saturday it shot down a Turkish reconnaissance plane because the plane entered its airspace, insisting it was “not an attack” as both sides desperately tried to de-escalate the episode before it exploded into a regional conflagration.
- Pakistan: Jamat-e-Islami extremist group attacked Shiites during a Dua e Kumail recitation at Punjab University
Members of the Jamat-e-Islami political extremist group attacked and violently beat up a Shiite teacher and several Shiite students during the recitation of Dua e Kumail in Lahore’s Punjab University last night.