- Ramadan to beging in Iran on Saturday
The head of Iran’s Amateur Astronomy Society, Masoud Atighi, says the crescent of the fasting month of Ramadan can be observed in Iran with naked eye at sunset Friday, July 20.
- Extremists of Taliban ban deprive thousands of children of polio drive
A Taliban ban has deprived thousands of children of polio vaccination in Pakistan’s militancy-hit Waziristan tribal region on the first day of a three-day campaign launched across the country, officials said.
- The Shiite youngster “Ali Al Sinan” detained by Saudi Wahhabi forces
The Saudi forces arrested the Shiite youngster “Ali Sinan Al Sinan”, from Safwa town in Qatif.
- Al-Jazeera Broadcasts New Video Showing Lebanese Shia Pilgrims
Doha-based channel al-Jazeera broadcast on Tuesday a new video, showing Lebanese abductees who were kidnapped two months ago.
- Bomb strikes at core of Syria regime
DAMASCUS: A suicide bomber struck Wednesday at the heart of Syria’s top command, killing three of President Bashar al-Assad’s security chiefs in an attack claimed by rebels who warned of more carnage to come.
- Taliban kill 14 Shia relatives in Orakzai
PESHAWAR: A bomb blast killed 14 passengers, including a woman and three children, on board a pick-up in Orakzai on Wednesday, officials said, adding that the vehicle was carrying Shia passengers.
- Removal of ban on Shia websites ordered
ISLAMABAD: Taking notice of the Shia Action Committee’s protest against a ban on their websites, Adviser to Prime Minister on Interior Rehman Malik directed the authorities concerned to restore the websites and remove objectionable material from the web pages immediately.
- U.N. Security Council delays Syria vote until Thursday
(Reuters) – The U.N. Security Council delayed until Thursday a vote on a Western-backed resolution that threatens Syrian authorities with sanctions and is aimed at ending the 16-month conflict, diplomats said on Wednesday.