- Birth defects in Iraq and the plausibility of environmental exposure: A review
An increased prevalence of birth defects was allegedly reported in Iraq in the post 1991 Gulf War period, which was largely attributed to exposure to depleted uranium used in the war. This has encouraged further research on this particular topic.
- Russia blames West and Syria’s neighbours for bloodshed
(Reuters) – Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warned on Saturday that international support for Syrian rebels would lead to “more blood” and the government could not be expected to willingly give in to its opponents.
- Syria army launches Aleppo assault
ALEPPO: The Syrian army launched a massive assault on rebels in Aleppo on Saturday amid growing world concern about the risks of reprisals against the civilian population of the country’s second city.
- Judo-Saudi woman to compete at the London Olympics without Islamic headscarf
Saudi Arabias female judo competitor will fight at the London Olympics without a hijab, or Islamic headscarf, the sports chief said on Thursday.
- Protests in Bahrain continue amid regime crackdown
Anti-regime demonstrations continue in Bahrain with security forces resorting to violence to crush the popular protests in the Persian Gulf state.
- Bahrain opposition launch Gangs of Darkness Campaign to highlight the constant attacks on homes
In a press conference marking the launch of the Gangs of Darkness Campaign, Khalil Almarzooq, political aide to the Secretary General of Al Wefaq, said The total amount stolen by regime forces during the national safety period exceeds $10 million, whilst the number of houses raided during June and July 2012 is as many as 270.
- Locals in Cairo neighborhood accuse four people of proselytizing Shia
Bulaq al-Dakrour prosecution has started investigating about 40 claims filed against four people for proselytizing the Shia faith in Nahya, Giza.
- Exquisite Quranic copy unveiled at 20th Quran fair
An exquisite copy of the holy Quran believed to be scribed by Imam Hussein (3rd Shia imam) was unveiled at the Razavi stall of the 20th Tehran International Quran Exhibition.
- Shia organisations stage rally against PPP MPA for anti-Shia activities
Shia Muslims of Seeta City of District Dadu staged a rally to protest against the attack on and occupation of Imam Bargah (Shia house of mourning) and firing on believers.
- Biographies of infallibles to be released for teens
A 17-volume collection of life stories of the infallibles will be published by Howzeh Honari.