- 67 programs planned for 10th Int’l Imam Reza (AS) Festival
Some 67 programs have been drawn up to mark birth anniversary of Imam Reza (AS), eighth Imam of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) Infallible Household, said secretary of the international festival.
- Iran calls for visa-free regime with Iraq
Director of Iran Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization Hassan Mousavi in a meeting with the visiting Iraqi Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Liwaa Sumaisem late Monday called for establishment of a visa-free regime between the two countries.
- IHRC calls for ban on Bahraini Prince visiting the Olympic Games
Prince Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad al-Khalifa’s invitation to the Olympics should be revoked and all Olympic privileges removed because of his links to the violent suppression of peaceful protests.
- Public prosecution jail two children for 45 days in Bahrain
Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) expresses its grave concern regarding the continuous arbitrary arrests and use of excessive force against civilians specially against children.
- Syria: Armed rebels commit horrific crimes against civilians
The Syrian government says the rebel armed groups backed and funded by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey are committing “horrific crimes” against civilians in the capital, Damascus, and the city of Aleppo.
- Work in Progress in Expansion Project of Abu al Fadl al Abbas holy shrine + pic
Engineering staff of the holy shrine of Abu al Fadl al Abbas is doing the best to complete the great expansion project. the work nowadays in the basement position in Alqami and Qibla gates of the holy shrine.
- Man sentenced to one year for insulting Prophet’s companions
Egyptian authorities sent Mohamed Fahmy to Wadi al-Natrun Prison on Tuesday to serve a one-year sentence for insulting the Prophet’s companions and spreading the Shia doctrine.
- Pakistani Shia cleric ‘Agha Syed Ali Moosavi’ passes away
Senior Pakistani Shia religious scholar Hujjat ul Islam Agha Syed Ali Moosavi passed away in Lahore’s Mochi Gate Interior area on Monday. He was ailing for a long time.
- Deadly car bombs hit Shiite neighbourhood in Baghdad
Two car bombs exploded in an upscale Shiite neighbourhood of Baghdad on Tuesday, killing at least 20 people and injuring dozens more, officials said – the latest in a string of July bombings and shootings that have left at least 244 dead.
- Grand Shia Jurisprudent: Islam rules should not be fallen on deaf ears
“The standing foibles in the society is derived from the fact that some Muslims do not abide by the Islamic rules and teachings,” an Islamic Jurisprudent said.