- Quake Jolts Southeastern Iran
TEHRAN (FNA)- An earthquake measuring 2.9 on the Richer scale hit the city of Faryab in Iran’s Southeastern Kerman province on Thursday.
- Damascus Deplores Foreign States’ Insincere Stance on Annan’s Plan
TEHRAN (FNA)- Syria voiced regret over UN-Arab League Special Envoy for Syria Kofi Annan’s decision to step down, and lashed out at certain foreign states for their insincere stances towards both Annan’s peace plan and Damascus’s efforts to restore peace and stability in the country.
- Syrian rebels accused of executions, other abuses
BEIRUT (AP) — The unsteady, hand-held video shows several bloodied prisoners, one in boxer shorts, being led into a noisy outdoor crowd and placed against a wall. The prisoners crouch and seem to avert their eyes as men carrying assault rifles shout slogans and take aim. The gunfire lasts for more than 30 seconds.
- Angry Protestors Urge Release of Political Prisoners from Saudi Jails
TEHRAN (FNA)- A large number of Saudi people staged a rally in the oil-rich Eastern region of Qatif to call for the freedom of political inmates held in Saudi jails.
- Kidnapped Iranians being held by extremists says Libya occupation regime official
A local militia group has claimed responsibility for seizing seven members of an Iranian Red Crescent delegation in Benghazi early yesterday morning.
- Iraq protests Turkey FM’s Kirkuk visit
Iraq made a formal protest to Turkey’s envoy in Baghdad yesterday after the Turkish foreign minister made a surprise visit to an oil-rich Iraqi city claimed by both the central government and the country’s autonomous Kurdistan region.
- Bahrain activist’s daughter arrested
Activists say Zainab al-Khawaja was held along with dozens of protesters demanding political reforms in Gulf kingdom.
- Bahrain chemical warfare culprit
Authorities in Bahrain extensively used tear gas for suppressing last year’s pro-democracy protests.
- Kofi Annan quits over Syria impasse: this time we’re all at fault
What this conflict needs is less Olympic-style partisanship and more respect and rationality behind a new UN mediator – as well as compassion for those at risk on both sides in Syria
- Sunni Muslim ‘Extremists’ Committed 70% of Terrorist Murders in 2011
The NCTC’s worldwide terrorism report seems to have accidently proven beyond all doubt that the government’s narrative about Islam and Muslims is completely bass-ackwards. Really, with this report, our government has managed to prove through the analysis of data that our government is psychotic, inept, and should be fired.