- Iraq, EU Sign Agreement to Improve Water Management
Iraq, BAGHDAD — The Iraqi government last week signed a cooperation agreement with the European Union to improve the country’s water management capabilities.
- Iraq Reviews Turkish Relations After Minister’s Visit to Kurdistan
The Iraqi government decided to review Iraqi-Turkish relations against the backdrop of the visit of Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu to Kirkuk without the consent of the Baghdad-based central government.
- Syria regime claims control of Aleppo district, rebels deny
Syria’s regime forces have seized full control of Aleppo’s Salaheddin district, state news agency SANA said on Wednesday, a claim the rebel Free Syrian Army denied.
- Protesters across Bahrain demand release of women prisoners
Bahraini people have staged protest rallies across the tiny Persian Gulf kingdom in a show of solidarity with female political prisoners.
- Syrian troops kill 20 insurgents near Aleppo including two al-Qaeda leaders
Syrian troops have killed at least 20 insurgents during clashes in a rural area near the northwestern city of Aleppo.
- Dozen countries to attend Teheran meeting on Syria
A dozen countries are to attend a hastily called meeting in Teheran on Thursday to discuss ways to end the violence in Syria, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said, without saying who was coming.
- Bahrain charges policemen over abuses
Bahrain’s public prosecutor says authorities have charged 15 policemen with mistreating medics during last year’s crackdown on opposition protesters.
- Iraq attacks on Shias and lawyers kill 19
A car bomb targeting Shia pilgrims in Iraq and the shooting of a lawyer and his family left 19 people dead on Wednesday, after Al Qaeda warned it would target lawyers and retake territory in a new campaign.
- Doubts arise about replacing Annan as Syria war worsens
(Reuters) – As Syria spirals deeper into a full-scale civil war, Western delegations at the United Nations are increasingly skeptical about the value of appointing a replacement for Kofi Annan as the U.N.-Arab League mediator in the conflict, U.N. envoys say.