- Bahrain returns envoy to Tehran
AFP – Bahrain said Sunday it has reinstated its ambassador in Iran, more than a year after recalling the envoy over Tehran’s strong condemnation of Manama’s brutal crackdown on Shiite-led protests.
- Iran Ends Rescue, Relief Operations in Quake-Hit Regions
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran said the rescue and relief operations in the quake-hit areas in the country’s Northwestern province of East Azarbaijan ended, but massive operations are underway to meet the needs of the people in the affected areas.
- Syria Arrests MKO Terrorists
TEHRAN (FNA)- Security forces in Syria have arrested five Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO also known as the MEK, PMOI and NCR) terrorists along with 35 armed insurgents, local media report said on Sunday.
- Syrian Jets Pound Rebel Positions as Opposition Presses for No-Fly Zone BEIRUT, Lebanon — Syrian jets fired on areas in and around Aleppo again on Sunday, continuing an escalation of force that has led activists and rebels to demand that foreign forces establish a no-fly zone to counter the government’s air superiority.
- (Reuters) – Syrian rebels fighting to oust President Bashar al-Assad need the protection of no-fly zones and safe havens patrolled by foreign forces near the borders with Jordan and Turkey, a Syrian opposition leader said.
- MANAMA, Bahrain — A lawyer for prominent Bahrain rights activist Nabeel Rajab says a court will issue verdicts in four cases pending against him on Thursday.
- IBNA: According to the Islamic Culture and Relations Organization, the book is printed in Kabul in 1000 copies and 81 pages. The work introduces Imam Mahdi, his occultation and the Savior in other religions.
- IBNA: Speaking with IBNA, Hassan Mottaghi said he is currently studying Shiism in PhD level and his research field is the emergence of Islam in Europe with regards to identification of research and historical potentials.
- DUBAI: A Bahrain court reportedly sentenced a man to two years in jail for insulting the Prophet Mohamed’s wife, Aisha, a local daily said on Sunday.
- BAGHDAD: Gunmen singled out seven Shia Muslims and shot them in Iraq’s north while they were out swimming in a targeted sectarian attack, officials said Saturday.