- Grand Ayatollah Golpaigani to NAM Summit: Arrogant Powers Should be Declined
Grand Shia cleric, Ayatollah Lotfollah Safi Golpaigan, urged participants of the 16th Summit of NAM to make definitive decision for decreasing the power of the arrogant countries.
- NAM foreign ministers issued statement opposes foreign intervention in Syria
Foreign ministers of the Non-Aligned Movement issued a draft statement on Tuesday in which they stated the Syrian crisis must be resolved without foreign intervention and welcomed Lakhdar Brahimi as the representative of the UN secretary general for Syria, replacing Kofi Annan.
- Saudi Arabia Goes on the Offensive Against Iran
Saudi Arabia has gone on the offensive against Iran to protect its interests. Their involvement in Syria is the first battle in what is going to be a long bloody conflict that will know no frontiers or limits.
- Grand Shia Cleric ‘Makarem’ Condemned Silence Against Wahhabis Crimes
Grand Iranian Shia cleric, Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi reproved the silence of Islamic Scholars against the crimes of Wahhabis.
- Judge dismisses reports on discovery of Sadr’s body
BEIRUT: The head of a government committee tasked with pursuing the case of missing Lebanese Shiite cleric Imam Musa Sadr dismissed Tuesday reports on the discovery of Sadr’s suspected body or his clothes in Libya as “baseless.” In a TV interview, Judge Hasan Shami said he still believed Sadr and his two companions were held in an unknown detention center in Libya.
- Relocation not the answer, say Shiites
Despite having suffered from Sunday’s mayhem, Shiite followers insisted on staying in Sampang, Madura, rejecting the government’s plan to relocate them.
- Only One Named as a Suspect in Attack Against Shiites
Surabaya. The National Police have only named one suspect out of hundreds of people that participated in an attack on a group of Shiites in Sampang, East Java on Sunday.
- Obama Threatens To Invade Syria
Yesterday US and NATO officials discussed plans for a US military invasion of Syria to bring down Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad, after US President Barack Obama announced that the US was contemplating a direct attack on Syria at a press conference Monday night.
- A problem of religion and the state in the Sampang tragedy
The country’s top officials have finally paid attention to the brutal attack on the Shia community in Sampang, East Java, which not only claimed two lives and damaged dozens of houses, but has also forced hundreds of people to live in fear.
- India will push Iran to abide by its nuclear obligations
TEHRAN: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh landed here on his maiden visit to a country at a time when Iran is a bad name with the West and amid severe sanctions from the US and the European Union.