- Salafists target historic madrassa in central Tripoli
Salafists have destroyed almost 30 graves at an historic madrassa in central Tripoli, in the latest spate of religiously-motivated violence to hit Libya.
- Pakistan: Two More Shia Muslims Martyred by Wahhabi Terrorists in Quetta, Seven-Day Mourning Announced
At least seven Hazara Shias were gunned down in two attacks while two other people were martyred in violence that erupted after the incidents here on Saturday.
- Sectarian violence might break Pakistan: Altaf Hussain
Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief Altaf Hussain today expressed serious concern over the ongoing sectarian violence in the country, warning that it could lead to the break up of Pakistan.
- Shia community has the right to stay: Mahfud
The Constitution guarantees all citizens the right to choose their place to live, therefore, the government has no right to force them to move to another location, one of the countrys top judges has said.
- Syrian rebels bomb regime army base, 4 injured
BEIRUT Two bombs blasts at a Syrian army base in central Damascus on Sunday injured four people, according to Syrian state media.
- British soldiers to be questioned over Iraq war crimes
Hundreds of British soldiers will be investigated for crimes allegedly committed during the Iraq war, the Telegraph reported Sunday.
- Report: Traffic accident kills 24 in Iran
Tehran (CNN) — A bus carrying Shiite pilgrims overturned in southwest Iran early Sunday, killing 19 passengers and injuring 23, according to Iranian media.
- Syria bombards Iraq border areas after rebel attacks: correspondent
Syrian security forces have again entered Iraqi skies to bombard rebel positions along the Iraqi-Syrian border, following a Free Syrian Army attack, an Al Arabiya correspondent reported on Sunday.
- Bahrain’s Gulf Air offers Iraq, Iran discounts
Gulf Air, Bahrain’s national carrier, is to offer up to 30 per cent off its fares to Iran and Iraq in the run-up to the resumption of flights to the two countries.