- Egypt trying to persuade Iran to drop Assad
CAIRO (AP) — Newly activist Egypt is trying to convince Iran to drop its unquestioned support of Syria’s embattled President Bashar Assad in order to end that country’s bloody civil war in exchange for help in easing Tehran’s regional isolation at a time of mounting pressure on it over its disputed nuclear program.
- Iraq opens controversial refugee camp to diplomats
BAGHDAD — Iraq offered foreign diplomats on Tuesday a rare glimpse at a camp that is the new temporary home of an Iranian exile opposition group that has a long-running feud with Baghdad, winning from the envoys cautious praise of the conditions there.
- Hundreds of Saudi Shia protesters demand release of political detainees
Activists and the family members of political prisoners in Saudi Arabia have held a protest rally in the capital, Riyadh, to renew their calls for the release of the political detainees in the Arab kingdom.
- Shia Sampang Trial Will Be Moved
TEMPO Interactive, Surabaya:The East Java High Court has appointed four prosecutors to the case of Roisul Hukama, the main suspect in the attack on the Shia community in Karanggayam village, Sampang, East Java on August 26.
- Allahabad HC asks UP Govt. to reconsider about dissolving Shia Waqf Board
10.9.2012 (UNI) The Allahabad High Court today directed the Uttar Pradesh government to reconsider within 30 day the Shia Central Waqf Board’s reply to its show-cause notice dated July 27, 2012.
- Jordanian Salafi Group Threatens to Wage Terrorist Attacks in Syria
TEHRAN (FNA)- Head of Jordan’s Salafi terrorist group said that his extremist forces plan to join al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups in Syria in a bid to overthrow the government of President Bashar al-Assad.
- NATO’s Weapon Cache for Terrorists Seized in Syria
TEHRAN (FNA)- The weapons and military equipment recently discovered and seized by the Syrian Army in Idlib province proves NATO’s arms and logistic support for terrorists in Syria.
- War crimes by both sides increasing in Syria – EU
(Reuters) – As the fighting in Syria gets worse, forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and rebels determined to oust him are committing an increasing number of violations of international humanitarian law, the EU humanitarian chief said on Tuesday.
- UN Condemns al-Khalifa Regime for Harsh Sentences against Human Rights Activists
TEHRAN (FNA)- The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay expressed grave concern about the suppression of the Bahraini protestors in the tiny Persian Gulf island, and condemned the al-Khalifa regime for handing harsh sentences to human rights activists.
- Shiites face rising attacks by Sunni militants, deepening Pakistan’s turmoil
QUETTA, Pakistan — In the Shiite Muslim graveyard of this provincial Pakistani capital, entire sections are dedicated to the hundreds killed by Sunni militants over the past two years, their portraits line the cobblestone entrance, some garlanded with wilted flowers.