- Iraqi forces arrest top insurgent, spokesperson says
Iraqi security forces have arrested an insurgent allegedly involved in more than 30 attacks, a security spokesperson said on Thursday, as the number of people killed across the country in September reached 200.
- Three Kidnapped Iranian Nationals Freed in Syria after 4 Months
TEHRAN (FNA)- Three Iranian nationals, who had been kidnapped by Syrian armed groups in May 2012, returned to their families after they were freed in a Syrian army operation.
- Saudi downplays impact of mystery virus on Haj
Saudi health authorities downplayed yesterday the impact of a possible outbreak of a virus from the family of deadly Sars on the forthcoming Haj pilgrimage, stressing that the cases remain rare.
- Bomb explodes near Syrian capital
A bomb has exploded near the Syrian capital city of Damascus, as clashes continue between government forces and foreign-backed insurgents in the Arab country.
- Policeman gets 7 years in jail for killing Bahraini protester
A Bahraini court yesterday sentenced a policeman to seven years in prison for killing a protester during the Shia-led anti-government demonstrations that rocked the tiny Gulf kingdom in 2011, a lawyer said.
- Next hearing in Shiite activist trial on Oct 16: Bahrain
DUBAI — A Bahraini appeals court on Thursday set October 16 as the date for the next hearing in the trial of Shiite rights activist Nabeel Rajab, a government statement said.
- 2 Saudi Shia Protesters Martyred by Security Forces in Qatif + Pics
Saudi security forces have shot dead two a Shia Muslims, a teenager and an activist as they attacked a group of peaceful pro-democracy protesters in the city of Qatif in the Eastern Province.
- Two Shias shot dead in Quetta
QUETTA: Two Shia men were gunned down in separate firing incidents in less than one hour in the provincial capital on Thursday.
- Up to 700,000 Syrian refugees by year-end: UN agency
GENEVA: The UN refugee agency warned on Thursday there could be as many as 700,000 Syrian refugees in countries neighbouring the war-torn nation by the end of the year, up from 300,000 now.
- Iran Cradle of Tourist Sights
TEHRAN (FNA)- Thousands of tourists each year arrive here in Iran to see the country’s natural beauties and get more familiar with sub-cultures while enjoying an unforgettable vacation.