- ICRC closes regional office in Iran
TEHRAN, Oct. 11 (UPI) — The International Committee of the Red Cross said it closed an office in Iran used to help with logistical efforts in neighboring Iraq.
- Iran’s Central Bank Sells $27 Billion in 6 Months
Iran’s Central Bank has sold some $27 billion in the first six months of the current Iranian Year (ends on March 20), Mehr reported.
- Iran car output plunges 42% amid sanctions
TEHRAN — Auto production in sanctions-hit Iran nosedived by more than 42 percent in the past six months, media reports said on Thursday, citing industry ministry figures.
- Iranian minister woos Indian businesses
As Western sanctions squeeze Iran and its currency tumbles, the country’s energy minister wooed Indian businesses for more investment and trade.
- Iran’s sea trade buckles under Western sanctions
LONDON (Reuters) – Iran’s vital seaborne trade is buckling under the weight of Western sanctions, deepening hardship for a population deprived of basic imports and heaping intense pressure on Tehran over its nuclear programme.
- Bahrain Opposition Parties: Preconditioned Dialogue is Unacceptable
The Justice Minister’s speech confirms regime’s unserious intention of political resolution, and opposition-bashing through sate media contradicts with BICI recommendations.
- Iraq PM: “NATO should stay out of Syria conflict”
Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has warned Turkey and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) against military intervention in Syria.
- The Deadly Week Claimed lives of another 6 Shia Men , victim of Target Killing By Sipah e Sahaba and Lashkar e Jhangvi Terrorist
The Deadly week claimed another 6 lives of the Shia Men in Karachi and Quetta in the Ongoing target Killing By Sipah e Sahaba Pakistan ‘s Terrorist wing Lashkar e Jhangvi .
- 19 killed, 1,500 fishermen missing in Bangladesh storm
DHAKA – At least 19 people were killed and an estimated 1,500 fishermen are missing after tropical storms smashed into Bangladesh’s southern coastal islands and districts early Thursday, police said.