- Majority in Turkey against war with Syria: Opinion poll
A recent opinion poll has revealed that more than 75 percent of the Turkish people are against a war with neighboring Syria.
- Bahrain jailed medics go on hunger strike
In Bahrain, five jailed medics have gone on hunger strike to urge international efforts for their release.
- Maliki: No Arms Being Smuggled into Syria via Iraq
Baghdad denied permission for a North Korean aircraft to cross its airspace on its way to Syria over suspicions it would carry arms and advisers there.
- Saudi Arabia threatens ‘firm hand’ on protests
Saudi Arabia has threatened to intensify crackdown on protests calling for the release of political prisoners.
- Syrian troops kill Saudi officer in mop-up operation in Idlib
Syrian Army soldiers have killed a Saudi military officer during a mop-up operation in the northwestern province of Idlib.
- Saudis anti-regime protesters rally to demand release of a political prisoner
Saudi anti-regime protesters have once again taken to the street in the oil-rich Eastern Province, calling for the immediate release of a poet.
- Iran hosts international conference on Ghadir-e Khumm
Iran has held an International Conference on Ghadir-e Khumm, discussing different aspects of the Prophet Mohammad’s (PBUH) message to all Muslims at this significant event.
- Bahrain Revolution Refuses To Die
They are almost exclusively Shia Muslims and they march around their run-down villages shouting slogans before they inevitably veer towards a main road to be met by the police.
- Militants attack Shias in Pakistan’s tribal region
A bus travelling from Peshawar to Parachinar was attacked by members of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban this morning. The bus was targeted near Dorani where the terrorists threw acid at the moving bus. This injured 5 Shiites including a woman.
- Turkey bans all Syrian flights
Turkey has banned all Syrian aircraft from its air space as it takes an increasingly firm stance against President Bashar al-Assad, while Syrian rebels said on today they had made more gains in a key province near the Turkish border.