- Bahraini cop dies of burns
DUBAI: A Bahraini policeman has died from severe burns after a “terrorist” attack in April in a Shia village close to Manama, the authorities said on Friday.
- Iraq: Bomb attack near a Shia mosque, martyred 2, injured 6
Four people have been killed and eight others injured in another day of violence across Iraq.
- Pakistan: Shia police official martyred in a targeted attack of terrorists in Gilgit
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – A Shia police cop was martyred in a targeted attack of Wahhabi terrorists of outlawed Lashkar-e-Jhangvi on Thursday.
- Jawwad for action against perpetrators of Faizabad violence
Noted Shia cleric and All India Muslim Personal Law Board member Maulana Kalbe Jawwad today called for strict action against forces trying to vitiate the communal atmosphere in the state.
- Millions of Shiites recite Dua-e-Arafa at congregations across Pakistan
As many as millions of Shia Muslims recited Dua-e-Arafa at the congregations in all over Pakistan on Friday.
- Lebanon’s Hezbollah drawn into Syria conflict
Hezbollah, the highly-organised Shia organisation garners much of its domestic support from the traditional villages in this hilly region.
- Alipur village gears up for Bakrid today
Alipur, a small village in the taluk with a predominant Muslim population, has geared up for Bakrid celebrations.
- Lebanon arrests Shiite for attack hoax
Beirut: The Lebanese army said on Thursday that it has arrested a Shiite man for falsely reporting he had been attacked by Sunnis who cut off several of his fingers with a sword.
- Shiite Cleric hails Hajj as grounds for Muslim unity
A prominent Iranian cleric lauded Hajj as the foundation for boosting unity among Muslims calling the event an opportunity the utmost unity of all Muslims in practice.
- Pakistan: Shiite teenager ‘Ali Abbas’ spent 4 years in ICU martyred in Peshawar
Four years ago a massive suicidal blast rocked Mirza Qasim Imambargah Peshawar during mourning ceremony. Ali abbas was one of the injured believer of the blast who was paralysed as a result of blast. He was 14 years old and was under medical treatment since this blast .