- U.P. Shia Board chairman expelled from S.P.
Lucknow: Wasim Rizvi, chairman of Shia Waqf Board, U.P. who is also a former corporator of Lucknow Municipal Corporation was expelled by Samajwadi Party for six years because of indiscipline and anti-party activities.
- Shia killings: Protesters, police clash in Karachi
KARACHI: Several activists, protesting against the killings of Shias, clashed with the police on Friday at Numaish Chowrangi in Karachi, reported Express News.
- Bahrain police prevent people reaching Shia mosque
Bahraini police have disrupted efforts by opposition supporters to attend Friday prayers at the mosque of the leading Shia cleric, Sheikh Isa Qassem.
- Free Iraqi Army inspired by Syria war
FALLUJAH, Iraq: A shadowy Sunni opposition group modeled on the Free Syrian Army in Syria is taking shape in Iraq, with its sights set on taking down what they say is the Shiite-dominated Maliki government.
- ‘The people will not forget those killed’: Saudi Shiites march for their dead
On Thursday night hundreds of people took to the streets of Qatif, in eastern Saudi Arabia, to mark the deaths of at least 14 people in connection with protests against the government over the past year. They denounced the authorities’ failure to investigate these deaths, as well as its continuing crackdown on activists belonging to the Shiite Muslim minority.
- Dozens of Shiites Forced to Convert in Sampang
More than 30 Shiites in Sampang, East Java, have reportedly been forced to embrace Sunni Islam after they were faced with the prospect of having their homes burned down if they refused.
- Iran says repelled unidentified plane from its airspace
(Reuters) – Iran repelled an unidentified aircraft violating its airspace, it said on Friday, after Washington reported a U.S. surveillance drone was shot at by Iranian warplanes last week.
- Iran, U.N. nuclear agency to resume talks in December
(Reuters) – Iran will return to talks with the U.N. nuclear agency next month, both sides said on Friday, the latest push to seek a peaceful end to a dispute that has raised fears of a new Middle East war.
- Iraq: the Karbala airport
The airline industry has been massively developing in the MENA forcing the airports to expand in order to keep up with it.
- Death of Shia teenager sparks protests in Bahrain
Manama: A Shia teenage died yesterday after he was knocked down by a car while being chased by Bahraini police during a crackdown on protesters, the opposition said.