- Iraq cancels $4.2bn Russian arms deal over ‘corruption’
Iraq has cancelled a $4.2bn (£2.6bn) deal to buy arms from Russia because of concerns about “corruption”, an Iraqi government advisor has said.
- Wahhabi Terrorists Martyr 3 More Shia Muslims in Pakistan
According to informed sources, terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat) opened fire on peaceful Shiite Muslims and killed 3 of them in different cities of Pakistan.
- Hajj and repeated restrictions for Shia pilgrims
Shia Pilgrims Subject to Unexpected Search in Saudi Arabia Shia members of the Imam Shirazi World Foundation(ISWF) were followed by special agents in Medina and their rooms and bags were searched in detail.
- Amnesty Int.: Saudi demonstration highlights a year of failure to investigate protest deaths
As Saudi Arabians in the Eastern Province prepared to take to the streets to mark the deaths of at least 14 people in connection with protests there since last year, Amnesty International issued a call for the country’s authorities to investigate the killings.
- Iran: Over one million pilgrims cross over Mehran border line
Manager of Mehran International Border Terminal Mahmoud Sarian said on Saturday that one million Iranian and Iraqi pilgrims crossed over the border line to visit religious sites in both countries in the first half of the current Iranian year.
- Syrian Army Kills 42 Terrorists, Rescues 20 Hostages
The Syrian army killed more than 42 armed rebels and terrorists in countrywide operations and rescued 20 hostages on Saturday.
- Iraq and Iran Aligned on Syria
Iraq’s Syria policy is probably the most ambiguous foreign policy in the region. From the outside, Iraq seems to have adopted a “dissociation” policy similar to that adopted by Lebanon regarding the Syrian situation. But in reality, Iraq supports the Syrian regime in several regards.
- Opposition: Bahrain forces deploy against unrest
MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) — Bahrain’s main opposition group says the kingdom’s paramilitary National Guard is deploying to back up police as authorities try to quell rising political violence.
- Iranian state TV: Passenger train derails in central Iran, killing 4
TEHRAN, Iran – Iran’s state television says a passenger train has derailed in central Iran, killing 4 and injuring 35 people on board.