- Dictionary of Nahjolbalagheh ready of publication in Iran
A dictionary of Persian equivalents for Nahjolbalagheh terms by Ahmad Khatami is ready for publication and will presently be released in Iran.
- Muslim Brotherhood spreading sedition among Sunnis: Dubai police chief
Dubai police chief Dahi Khalfan says they will fight against the Muslim Brotherhood in the Persian Gulf, accusing the group of sowing strife, a report says.
- Karbala to Receive New Zarih of Imam Hussein
In a formal ceremony today, the new Zarih (brassy lattice windows surrounding the holy shrine) of Imam Hussein (AS) will arrive in Karbala, Iraq.
- UN High Commissioner Condemns Indonesia’s Increasing Violence Against Shiites
The UN human rights chief condemned Tuesday violence and discrimination against Christians and Muslim minorities like Shiites in Indonesia, the world’s biggest Muslim-majority nation.
- Surabaya Court Holds First Hearing on Sampang Shiite Attack
Surabaya. The Surabaya District Court on Tuesday held the first hearing for the December 2011 attack on a Shiite community in Sampang, East Java, which saw several houses burned and hundreds of Shiite followers displaced.
- Iraq: Series of Car Bombings Kill 17 on Eve of Shia Holy Month [PHOTOS]
At least 17 people have been killed in a series of bombings in Iraq, on the eve of the Shia Muslim holy month of Muharram.
- Syria displaced number 2.5m, says Red Crescent
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent estimates 2.5 million people have been displaced within Syria, doubling the previous figure used by aid agencies.
- PM asks provinces to beef up security during Moharrum
ISLAMABAD, Nov 14 (APP): Prime Minister, Raja Pervez Ashraf Wednesday directed the law enforcement agencies of all provinces to beef up security arrangements during the month of Moharrum-ul-Haraam and evolve mechanism to maintain peace.
- Syria Orders More Airstrikes and Calls French Recognition of Rebels ‘Immoral’
PARIS — The Syrian authorities on Wednesday ordered airstrikes close to the tense Turkish border for the third consecutive day, and said a French decision to recognize and consider arming a newly formed coalition of Syrian government opponents was an “immoral” act “encouraging the destruction of Syria.”
- Muharram processions: 8,000 police officials to be deployed in Pindi
Around 8,000 police personnel will be deployed in Rawalpindi District to ensure security during Muharram. Leaves for all police officials have been cancelled between Muharram 1 and Muharram 10. The security plan was finalised in a meeting held here on Tuesday.