- Muharram special: Why Muslims mourn the battle of Karbala
Muharram, the first month of the Islamic calendar, is one of the four sacred months of the year in which violence is prohibited.
- 16,000 police to guard Muharram events
Gujranwala—All available resources would be utilized to thwart nefarious designs of unscrupulous elements to maintain law and order and ensure congenial atmosphere besides strengthening religious harmony among all sects during the month of Muharram-ul-Haraam.
- Taliban militants planning Muharram attacks held
Lahore: Pakistani police have arrested five alleged members of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan who were planning to carry out attacks in Punjab province during the Islamic holy month of Muharram.
- Wrapped in gloom, Lucknow welcomes Muharram
Old city of Lucknow once again was wrapped in gloom with the beginning of mourning month of Muharram from Friday. As the moon was sighted, Muharram month was announced.
- Bahraini regime forces use sound bombs against protesters
Saudi-backed Bahraini forces have attacked anti-regime protesters with tear gas, sound bombs and rubber bullets.
- Shia Digital Library in Chinese Founded
A Shia digital library in Chinese language has been set up in Isfahan, Iran.
- Bahrain: The regime deploys National Guard combat units in neighborhoods
Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society said that the Bahraini regime has deployed military combat units of the National Guard- that foreigners make the vast majority of-in Sitra island, a residential area, within its campaign of escalation in handling nonviolent pro-democracy protests.
- Syria: Armed Forces Inflict Heavy Losses upon Terrorists in Deir Ezzor and Hama
Units of the Armed Forces on Thursday killed a large number of terrorists in Deir Ezzor and its countryside.
- Shia leader in Pakistan demands operation against outlawed groups
Allama Jafari said the government had issued statements urging the Shias to reduce the number of their Azadari congregations. “These are irresponsible statements. We challenge their legality because the Constitution of Pakistan allows Shias to exercise their fundamental, religious, cultural and political rights and Azadari of Imam Hussain (AS) is a fundamental legal right of Shia citizens.”
- Muharram in Peshawar: Business to shut down for 4 days
PESHAWAR, Nov 14: Local traders have assured police that they will close their businesses between Muharram 7 and 10 and fully cooperate will them in maintenance of peace in the city during the entire month.