- Philosophy of Imam Hussein’s (AS) Resistance Clarified in Kenya
On the occasion of Muharram month, the philosophy of Imam Hussein’s (AS) resistance on the day of Ashura was clarified at a mourning ceremony held earlier this week in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Muslims Mourn Imam Hussein’s (AS) Martyrdom in Ethiopia
On the occasion of Muharram and martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS), mourning ceremonies have been organized by Ethiopian Muslims across the country.
- Ahl al-Bayt Shrines Covered in Black, Syrian Crisis Afflicts Ashoura Commemorations
Holy shrines of Ahl al-Bayt (family of the Prophet Mohammad pbuh) in Damascus lamented the arrival of the month of Muharram where ‘blood prevailed over sword’.
- Bahraini Security Forces Arrest Shia Preachers During Mourning for Imam Hussain (A)
Bahraini security forces arrested yesterday a number of Shia orators/preachers as they were addressing Bahrainis on the occasion of the day of Ashura…
- Police used ‘excessive’ force on Shia man: Bahrain govt
DUBAI: Bahrain’s interior ministry found police used “excessive force” during efforts to stop Shia Muslims attend a prayer gathering earlier this month, it said yesterday.
- Pakistan: Four suicide bombers ready to attack mourning processions of Imam Hussain
Four suicide bombers are ready to carry out attacks at Muharram processions in Karachi, an excommunicator terrorist disclosed to intelligence officials during interrogation.
- Kurdish Commander Warns of Battle Against Iraq
The commander of Kurdish Peshmerga forces warned Tuesday that his troops might attack Iraqi government soldiers at “any minute” after the central government sent tanks and armored vehicles toward the disputed city of Kirkuk.
- Iran says Saudi Arabia exploring in banned border areas
DUBAI (Reuters) – Iran accused Saudi Arabia on Tuesday of conducting exploration activities in prohibited border areas, hitting back at its major rival for regional influence after Riyadh complained of Iranian encroachments on its oil and gas fields in the Gulf.
- Iran opposition leader Karoubi taken to hospital
Saturday, December 30, 1899 – Dubai—Leading Iranian opposition figure Mehdi Karoubi, under house arrest since 2011, was hospitalized briefly after showing symptoms including weight loss, dizziness and nausea, his website said on Tuesday.