- Pakistan: Bomb at Shia procession kills 7, wounds 30
A roadside bomb killed at least seven people, including three children, and wounded 30 at a Shia Muslim procession in northwestern Pakistan on Saturday, police said, as minority Shias prepared to observe the holy day of Ashoura.
- Venerated: Visitors at imambargah Babul Hawaij drawn to Zuljinah
A grey Zuljinah at Imambargah Babul Hawaij adjacent to the Shah Chan Charagh shrine is the centre of attraction for visitors who come to pray for fulfilment of their wishes, particularly in Muharram.
- Afghan ‘girl-in-green’ revisits Ashura massacre site
KABUL, Nov 25, 2012 (AFP) – In a brave gesture of defiance against suicide bombers, Afghanistan’s “girl-in-green” on Saturday revisited the scene of a Shiite Muslim holy-day massacre that made her image world famous.
- Mazzaglia: The real threat to Israel
The tentative ceasefire agreement between Hamas and Israel, may have a averted a more serious ground war, but it remains doubtful that peace will last very long.
- ‘Islamic extremists’ arrested over possible bomb threat in Sydney
TWO suspected Islamic extremists have been arrested after threatening a mosque in Sydney’s south, witnesses say.
- Saudi Grand Mufti warns against public unrest
Saudi Arabia’s Grand Mufti, the highest religious authority in the birthplace of Islam, issued a condemnation of demonstrations that appeared to blame Iran for unrest among Shi’ite Muslims in Gulf Arab states.
- Iran Tries to Choke Israel with Free Oil Offer to Jordan
Iran is trying to surround Israel on three sides with its axis of evil by offering free oil to Jordan.
- Bomb kills three Yemenis marking Shi’ite Muslim Ashura festival
SANAA, Nov 24 (Reuters) – At least three Shi’ite Muslims were killed on Saturday in a bomb attack targeting the first public commemoration of the anniversary of the death of a grandson of the Prophet Mohammad in the Yemeni capital in half a century.
- Brotherhood Tried To Tarnish Kuwait Govts Image
KUWAIT CITY, Nov 24: The Muslim Brotherhood chapter in Kuwait tried but failed to prepare an atmosphere conducive for toppling the regime a task it was supposed to accomplish through the people by using the media to tarnish the image of the Kuwaiti government until the public itself moved to change the ruling system, says Dubai Police Chief Lt General Dhahi Al-Khalfan.
- Ashura processions being taken out
KARACHI: Youm-e-Ashur processions are being taken out across the country amid strict security measures, Geo News reported.