- Typhoon Kills At Least 475 People in Philippines
TEHRAN (FNA)- Typhoon Bopha killed at least 475 people in the Philippines, with hundreds more missing, military and rescue officials reported on Thursday.
- Syrian Rebels’ Assassination Bid against Homs Governor Fails
TEHRAN (FNA)- An assassination attempt by the Syrian rebels on the life of the Governor-General of the Western Homs province, Ghassan Abdul-Al, failed on Thursday.
- Syria Criticizes NATO Move on Patriot Missiles
Syria sharply criticized NATO’s move to deploy Patriot missiles along its border with Turkey, calling the decision “provocative,” as the West took a major step toward a possible military role in the civil war.
- Intolerable Status Quo in Bahrain
TEHRAN (FNA)- Elisa Massimino, President and Chief Executive Officer of Human Rights First said that situation in Bahrain is deteriorating and condemned US current position towards its ally’s violations of human rights.
- Turkish People Continue Protests against Patriot Missile Deployment
TEHRAN (FNA)- People in the Northern Turkish city of Tokat took to the streets on Thursday, and burned the US flag to show anger at the possible deployment of NATO’s Patriot missiles along their country’s border with Syria.
- 4 Killed in US Drone Strike in NW Pakistan
TEHRAN (FNA)- At least four people were killed in a US drone strike launched in Pakistan’s Northwest tribal area of North Waziristan on early Thursday morning.
- Saudi Scandal: Princes Stopped Trying to Take Rare Falcons Out of Russia
TEHRAN (FNA)- The seizure of 49 rare birds at Russian customs may stir up a diplomatic scandal between Russia and Saudi Arabia, as two members of the Saudi royal family are involved.
- Bahraini Citizen Wounded after Regime Forces Attack Bani Jamrah
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Bahraini regime forces attacked Bani Jamrah region in the capital wounding 20-year-old citizen Aqil Abdul Mohsen, whose face was smashed and hand was injured.
- Syrian Army Kills Tens of Terrorists in Deir al Zour
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army killed dozens of terrorists in heavy clashes in Reef (outskirts of) Deir al Zour, Eastern Syria, on Thursday.
- Shias, main targets of terrorist attacks in Pakistan
The dark clouds of terror continue to give fear shocks to the Shia Muslims in Pakistan. At least 15 Shias were killed in different targeted killing incidents across the country last week.