- Iranian market always open to good friend India: Iran
Sanctions-hit Iran today said its lucrative market was always open for “good friend” India but made it clear that there will be “some limitations” on its part if the country keeps looking towards the United States.
- IAEA says ‘progress’ in Iran nuclear talks
Talks in Tehran could mean a deal with Iran over its nuclear programme is struck during next round in January.
- Militants torch another Shia mosque in Syria
Militant groups fighting against the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad have torched another Shia mosque in the country.
- Saudis rally in Qatif to demand political prisoners’ release
Saudi protesters have staged an anti-regime demonstration in the eastern city of Qatif to express solidarity with the country’s political prisoners.
- US Imposes New Sanctions on Iran
The United States has imposed sanctions on five Iranian nuclear experts and seven companies for helping Iran move closer towards enriching uranium — essential for building a nuclear bomb.
- Iran to host Asian Kabaddi championship next year
Inspired by the successful conduct of World Cup Kabaddi for third consecutive year, Iran Government has also resolved to organize Asian Kabaddi Championship next year at Tehran.
- Sunni Syrian rebels burn Shiite mosque: video
BEIRUT: A video posted on the Internet shows Sunni Muslim rebels burning a Shiite mosque in north Syria – a sign that the country’s civil war is spiralling into a sectarian conflict.
- In Syria, hunger spreads as war intensifies
(Reuters) – Desperation for food is growing in parts of Syria, where fist fights or dashes across the civil war front lines have become part of the daily struggle to secure a loaf of bread.