- Fresh US sanctions to trap more Iran oil revenue
TOKYO/NEW DELHI: A little-noticed provision in U.S. sanctions against Iran beginning in February is likely to trap payments abroad for its oil exports running into billions of dollars, sapping Tehran of revenue needed to fund the government.
- Relentless killing of Shia Muslims in Pakistan
Pakistan’s Shias are so regularly killed in targeted attacks that counting the numbers who were thus killed in 2012 is an uphill task. But just to give an idea, even before the start of the Muharram month, when anti-Shia violence is usually routinely anticipated and accepted as a given, the numbers killed had crossed 389 — the number of people the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan says died in sectarian violence in 2011.
- Urgent Appeal: Support Shia in Indonesia + PIC
The Shia Community in East Java, Indonesia, has been subject to extreme measures of displacement and starvation by local authorities. At least 190 displaced Shi’a followers in East Java, including 69 women and 61 children, are at risk after local government authorities halted supplies of food and water to the community, citing a lack of funds.
- Karbala police warns Shia pilgrims of terrorist plot, poisoned foods and waters
The Karbala Police Department warned Shiite visitors on Monday of eating or drinking anything from unknown sources, noting that it has information of a plot by terrorist groups to present poisoned food to the visitors.
- Bombed car exploded near Hadrat Abbas shrine in Karbala, 3 martyred
A bombed car exploded yesterday mid of Karbala city killed 3 Shia and wounded more than 15 people, 750 meters from Imam Abbas Shrine.
- Bahrain revoked the nationality of 31 citizens without judicial process
Ministry of Interior in Bahrain issued a statement revoking the nationality of 31 citizens without any prior notice and without judicial process, in contrary to customary international law.
- The Soil Bleeding Of Imam Hussein (p.b.u.h) Riddle Preoccupying Scholars & Researches
Under the title of an intellectual symposium held at Khatam EL-Anbya auditorium in the Imam Hussein holy shrine.
- Shia Mosque demolished on PPP Minister’s orders in Ghotki
A Shia mosque and an Imam Bargah were reduced to the ground by the biased administration of Ghotki district of Sindh province on the orders of a biased provincial minister.
- Deobandi militants of Sipah Sahaba issue naked warning to police in Quetta
Deobandi militants have issued a fresh warning to the police in Quetta demanding them to give the Sipah Sahaba a free hand in killing Shia Muslims and moderate Sunnni Muslims.
- Thousands of Indian Shia stage rally against Shia genocide in Pakistan
Chanting anti-Pakistan slogans, thousands of Shia Muslims today staged a demonstration here against what they called ongoing genocide of members of their community in the neighbouring country, Pakistan.