- MKO Training Al-Qaeda Operatives in Iraq
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iraqi officials announced that a number of al-Qaeda operatives have been trained in the main training camp of the terrorist Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization in Iraq’s Diyala province (Camp Ashraf) to carry out terrorist attacks against the Iraqi people.
- Iran ranks 1st in power generation in Middle East
Managing director of Iran Power Generation and Transmission Company (TAVANIR) says the country ranks first in the Middle East in terms of electricity generation.
- India hesitant to implement US, EU sanctions on Iran: Report
WASHINGTON: India is hesitant to implement all aspects of US and European Union sanctions against Iran, a congressional report has said, attributing this to New Delhi’s reliance on Tehran with regards to Afghanistan and the historic, cultural and economic ties between the two nations.
- Protests Continue in Saudi Arabia: Releasing Detainees Main Demand
Several protests and rallies were held in Saudi Arabia to call for the release of political prisoners in the kingdom. Hundreds of supporters of the Islamic movements participated in the rallies all over the kingdom.
- Bahrain Police fire tear gas at peaceful protesters
Saudi-backed security forces have attacked anti-regime protesters across Bahrain as crackdown on peaceful protests continues in the Persian Gulf country.
- Iraqi Forces Kill 6, Arrest 14 Al-Qaeda Members in Al-Anbar Province
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iraqi security forces backed by helicopters have killed 6 al-Qaeda members and captured 14 others during a an operation in the restive al-Anbar province, officials announced on Saturday.
- Terrorists Assassinate Syrian National Reconciliation Committee Member
TEHRAN (FNA)- Armed rebels killed a member of Syria’s national reconciliation committee, Sheikh Khaled al-Halal, in the Southern parts of the country on Saturday.
- Iraqi politicians welcome Ayatollah Sistani’s plan
Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Sistani’s plan for national reconciliation has been broadly welcomed by various Iraqi political groups and Iraqi sit-in protesters, according to Arabic page of Al-Jazeera website.
- UN Envoy Calls Ayatollah Sistani’s Plan as Roadmap for Iraq to Get Rid of Crisis
TEHRAN (FNA)- UN Secretary-General’s Special Representative in Iraq Martin Cobbler described the plan presented by senior Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani as a roadmap for Iraq’s exit from the current crisis.
- Economic professor Hassan Sobhani announces presidential candidacy
TEHRAN Hassan Sobhani, a professor of economics at Tehran University and former parliamentarian, has confirmed reports that he plans to run for the presidential post as an independent candidate.