- Three Iraqis died, 26 others infected due to swine flu
Tariq said that the provinces affected mostly by the swine flue were Basra, Babel, Baghdad, Diyala and Mosul.
- Iraq: Car bombs across Baghdad kill 15
A series of car bombs in Iraq, centered around Baghdad, have killed over 16 people. A string of car bombs in and around Baghdad have killed at least 15 people and wounded more.
- Brutal reality of Iraq war exposed in torture hearing
Allegations that British troops carried out systematic torture of civilians during the occupation of Iraq were set to be heard in court on Thursday of this week.
- IIPU supports Iran call for nuclear-free Middle East
The Islamic Inter-Parliamentary Union (IIPU) has underscored Iran’s call for the denuclearization of the Middle East.
- “There is a world war against Syria” denounces ambassador
The Syrian ambassador reported that “there is a world war against Syria.” According to him, foreign powers took advantage of demonstrations for reforms in the country, which occurred in 2011, to infiltrate members of Al-Qaida to destroy the infrastructure of the state to create chaos in the country.
- UN secretary-general sees ‘not much prospect of resolution’ of Syria civil war by diplomacy
UNITED NATIONS – U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says he doesn’t see “much prospect of resolution” of Syria’s civil war by diplomacy.
- Russians Fleeing Syria Cross Into Lebanon
MOSCOW — About 80 Russian citizens crossed the Syrian border into Lebanon, boarded government-chartered planes and flew to Moscow on Tuesday, a small-scale evacuation that may signal the dwindling Russian hopes that President Bashar al-Assad will regain control of the country. The move came as a United Nations’ humanitarian official emerged after a rare mission through the conflict zone to express shock at the scale of devastation.
- Sectarian violence: Shia doctor gunned down in Peshawar
PESHAWAR: In an apparent incident of sectarian violence, a Shia doctor was gunned down in Peshawar on Tuesday afternoon at his clinic in Liaqat Bazaar, Saddar.
- Russia Says World Powers Deadlocked With Iran on Talks Location
Iran and world powers can’t agree on a venue for this month’s planned negotiations over the Iranian nuclear program, according to Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov.
- Saudi Interior Ministry, US mediation and Shiites in Qatif
There is talk about the US embassy in Riyadh trying to help open dialogue between the Saudi Interior Ministry and the Shiite clerical and political leaders to put an end to the situation in the Al-Qatif governorate in the Eastern Province.