- OIC Urges ’Serious Dialogue’ on Syria
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation called at a summit in Cairo on Thursday for a peaceful resolution to the Syrian conflict through “serious dialogue” between the regime and its foes.
- Human Rights Watch censures Kuwaiti government
Human Rights Watch has criticized Kuwait over convicting former politicians for insulting the emir.
- Saudis demand release of Shia cleric
Saudis have staged fresh protests in the eastern city of Qatif, demanding the release of dissident Shia cleric Sheikh Nimr Baqir al-Nimr.
- Well-known Shia lawyer shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: A well-known Shia lawyer was on Friday shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the latest in a string of sectarian attacks in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan today.
- Iraq car bombs target Shia Muslims
Explosions leave at least 26 people dead at markets in Baghdad and Hilla
- Bahrainis rally to mark revolution anniversary
Bahraini protesters have held fresh protest rallies as the nation marks the second anniversary of its uprising that began in mid-February 2011 against the Al Khalifa regime.
- Anti-regime demos held in north Bahrain
Bahrainis have once again staged demonstrations against the ruling Al Khalifa regime in a number of villages.
- Bahrain opposition urges forming transitional government
A Bahraini opposition group has called for the establishment of a transitional government as a first step to resolve the crisis in the Persian Gulf country.
- Syria, Sunni-Shiite split at Muslim summit
CAIRO — An Islamic summit that opened in Egypt on Wednesday lay bare the multiple divisions within the Muslim and Arab worlds, with conflicting approaches to the Syrian civil war exposing the Sunni-Shiite sectarian fault lines that have torn the region for years.
- UN Refugee Agency Says 5,000 Fleeing Syria Daily
The U.N. refugee agency says there has been a huge increase in the number of people fleeing Syria, with 5,000 refugees crossing the borders daily into neighboring countries.