- Bahrainis hold fresh anti-regime demo near Manama
Bahraini demonstrators have staged an anti-regime protest rally near the capital despite the ongoing heavy-handed crackdown on peaceful pro-democracy protesters in the Persian Gulf kingdom.
- 5 officers acquitted in Bahrain torture death case, 2 found guilty in separate murder
A defense lawyer in Bahrain said two police officers were sentenced on Tuesday to 10 years in prison for the fatal beating of peaceful anti-government protesters at the beginning of the countrys political crisis in 2011.
- Wahhabis Targeting Muslim Affection to Ahlul Bayt (AS)
Friday prayer leader of Mashhad decried the recent killing of Shia Muslims in Pakistan saying Wahhabi and Salafis are pursuing ways to uproot the affection of Muslims to Ahlul Bayt (AS), household of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).
- Twitter… a shortcut to Bahraini jails
Perhaps the mostly used social network in Bahrain is Twitter, and the easiest way to imprison Bahrainis over their political opinions.
- Senior Bahrain Cleric Ayatollah Qassim: Stopping the Opposition Movement Needs a Referendum
It is very clear that there is no reform while there is one prisoner of the people movement is still in the prison, and it is very clear that ensure stopping public marches and sit-ins needs a referendum on the dialogue results of the reform – if it were – and winning the approval of the majority of the people.
- Insulted Iran Officials Plan to Sue Over Argo
Iranian officials are so angered at the way the Oscar-winning film Argo portrayed their country, they plan to sue its makers, including director Ben Affleck.
- Iran blocks virtual private network access to Gmail, Yahoo
Iran has reportedly blocked many foreign-based virtual private networks, or VPNs, severely restricting access to many websites.
- Iraq demands to return historical values to the country
Iraq has brought nearly 40 lawsuits against some countries, demanding that the historical values that were illegally taken out of the country during the 2003 invasion of Iraq be returned to the country, Head of the General Directorate for Combating Economic Crime of the Iraqi Interior Ministry Hussein Al Shammari told the Arab website of RIA Novosti, adding that soon both the lawsuits and the rulings regarding all these cases would be translated into foreign languages and sent through the Iraqi Foreign Ministry to various countries.
- Member of EU Syria delegation killed in Damascus suburb
A member of the European Union’s delegation in Syria has been killed in a rocket attack in a Damascus suburb.
- Syria’s children shot at, tortured, raped: charity report
(Reuters) – A boy of 12 sees his best friend shot through the heart. Another of 15 is held in a cell with 150 other people, and taken out every day to be put in a giant wheel and burnt with cigarettes.