- Iran: A New Zarih Being Built for Askariyayn Holy Shrine
A new Zarih (outer sarcophagus enclosure) is being built in Iran for the holy shrine of Imamayn Askariyayn (Imam Hadi and Imam Hassan Askari (AS))
- Multiple blasts rock several parts of Syria
DAMASCUS, March 31 (Xinhua) — Two explosive devices separately went off Sunday in the Syrian capital of Damascus, killing at least one person, as the opposition activists reported other blasts in central and western Syria.
- Shells From Syria Strike Lebanese Border Villages
Lebanon’s state news agency says shells fired from inside Syria have struck Lebanese border villages.
- Syria Accuses Rebels of Setting Fire to Oil Wells
Heavy shelling in a neighborhood in the northern city of Aleppo sent civilians fleeing for their lives on Sunday, and the state news agency accused rebels trying to topple the government of setting fire to three oil wells.
- Iraq president improving, now able to speak: medic
KIRKUK, Iraq: Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, who is being treated in Germany after suffering a stroke, is now able to speak and is able to recognise those around him, his doctor said on Saturday.
- Female Bahraini doctor says severely tortured in jail
A female Bahraini doctor says the Al Khalifa regime forces have severely tortured her and several other doctors, who treated injured anti-regime protesters, in order to extract false confessions.
- Saudi Arabia imposes travel ban on Shia clerics, rights activist
Saudi Arabia has imposed a travel ban on three Shia clerics and a human rights activist as it continues to clamp down on the critics of the Al Saud regime, Press TV reports.
- India to continue Iran oil imports as trade rises: Indian official
A senior Indian official says trade ties between Iran and India are on the rise, stressing that New Delhi will not halt oil imports from the Islamic Republic.
- Sunni Syrian cleric slams beheading in Aleppo
A prominent Sunni Syrian cleric has condemned the assassination and mutilation of a pro-government cleric by the foreign-backed militants in the northwestern city of Aleppo.
- 11 people, including women and children, killed in Syria attacks
At least 11 people, including women and children, have been killed in the Syrian capital Damascus and the western province of Homs as violence rages on in the Arab nation, Press TV reports.