- HRW Slams Saudi Arabia for Prosecuting Lawyer
TEHRAN (FNA)- Human Rights Watch (HRW) called on the Saudi authorities to “immediately halt” a 1.5-year prosecution of a human rights lawyer, who has criticized the kingdom’s judiciary system.
- Clashes intensify in Bahrain over Grand Prix
Thousands take to streets to highlight pro-reform demands skirmish with security forces ahead of Formula One car race.
- Iraqis vote in first local ballot since US withdrawal
Iraqis voted for provincial councils on Saturday in their first ballot since US troops left the country, a key measure of political strength before parliamentary elections next year.
- Iraq shuts its border crossings amid threats of election violence
Iraq has closed its border crossings as people headed to vote in the countrys first provincial elections on Saturday since U.S. troops departed, a key test of its stability amid a spike in attacks that has claimed more than 100 lives, Al Arabiya correspondent reported.
- Poll centre attacks mar Iraq provincial vote
Iraqis have voted in the first provincial elections since US troops left the country in 2011, despite attacks on some polling centres across the country.
- Sectarian tensions stalk Iraq elections
The provincial elections being held in Iraq come at a time of severe political and sectarian tension and will be a test for Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ahead of the parliamentary elections due next year.
- Shiite Leader: Health Conditions of Bahraini Prisoners Worrying
TEHRAN (FNA)- Bahrain’s leading Shiite cleric and politician Ayatollah Sheikh Issa Ahmed Qassim warned of the dire health conditions and safety of the political prisoners and activists held in al-Khalifa jails.
- Bahrains crown prince says now is not the time for him to take part in dialogue in country
SAKHIR, Bahrain Bahrains crown prince says there will be a time and a place for him to participate in the slow-moving political dialogue in the divided Gulf nation but not yet.
- United Arab Emirates arrests ‘al-Qaeda terror suspects’
Seven members of an alleged al-Qaeda cell have been arrested over plans to attack targets in the United Arab Emirates, officials tell state media.
- Jordanian Police Clash with Syrian Refugees
TEHRAN (FNA)- Clashes erupted between Jordanian policemen and demonstrators in the Zaatari Syrian refugee camp during a protest against the poor living conditions and a ban on leaving the camp.