- UAE trial: Ninety-four in court over ‘coup plot’
Ninety-four people, said to be members of an Islamist organisation, have gone on trial charged with plotting to overthrow the United Arab Emirates government.
- Britain and US ‘risk repeating Iraq invasion mistake with Iran’
It is just over ten years since Britain and the United States launched the invasion of Iraq, now regarded very widely as a terrible mistake which has done huge damage to our reputation across the Muslim world.
- Top Saudi Mufti Fatwa’s Permits Destroying Islamic Sites in Saudi Arabia
Sheikh Abdul-Aziz Bin Abdullah Al-Sheikh, whose Fatwa has paved the way for destruction of historical Islamic remnants in the holy city of Makkah says it is not only permitted but necessary (!).
- Bulgaria Mosque Turned Into Bar
Unable to provide enough money to gain back their worship place, the Muslim community in Bulgaria’s second largest city of Plovdiv is outraged by the turning of a historic mosque into a bar.
- Disagreements emerge in Saudi royal family
Saudi Arabia’s king Abdullah has removed deputy defense minister prince Khalid bin Sultan from his post, a move seems to be related to latest disagreements in the royal family about the successor of Saudi defense minister.
- 600 European terrorists are fighting against Syrian government
Spanish newspaper, El País reported 600 European citizens are fighting in the ranks of the insurgents and terrorists against Basher Al Assad government in Syria.
- Protesters make presence felt before Bahrain GP
Bahrain is adamant that the island kingdoms Grand Prix will go ahead safely even though protesters blocked roads and clashed with police in the build-up to the race this morning.
- Brahimi calls for UN action on Syria stalemate
UN-Arab League envoy Lakhdar Brahimi yesterday urged the Security Council to come together on Syria, venting frustration with all sides while denying rumours he plans to resign.
- Pakistani cleric tries his hand at politics
When Maulana Ahmed Ludhianvi greets supporters on the Pakistan election trail, he opens his pitch with the kind of promises to the poor that any other politician might make.
- Shia cleric rejects honour of Akhilesh government
Vice-president of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board and eminent Shia cleric Maulana Syed Kalbe Sadiq on Sunday refused to accept the honour conferred on him at a polio eradication programme by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. He walked out even as the programme was under way.