- Shia Source of Emulation ‘Sayyed Ezzeddin Hosseini-Zanjani’ Passes Away
Grand Shia source of emulation Ayatollah Sayyed Ezzeddin Hosseini-Zanjani passed away Tuesday morning.
- Egyptian Salafist: “Shia Are More Dangerous Than Naked Women”
A statement from a member of Parliament of the ultra-conservative Salafist Nour Party has argued that Shia are “more dangerous than naked women” in comments that have brought on an onslaught of sardonic comments as well as anger from Egypt’s activist community, who have urged the government to make it clear that discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Bahrain: Citizens defiantly continue to hold prayers in places of demolished mosques
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Bahraini citizens continued to attend the central prayers in locations of mosques demolished by the regime during the state of emergency in 2011. Clerics led the prayers in the demolished mosques on Saturday May 11th across Bahrain.
- Saudi Wahhabi cleric says prophet (PBUH) did not allocate a day for holiday or rest / Friday and Saturday holidays are Forbidden
Sheikh Qais bin Mohammad Al-Mubarak a member of Saudi grand ulamas committee told Al-Riadh newspaper that Prophet of Islam (PBUH) did not allocate Friday or any other day for holiday or rest and Saleh Alfawzan a member of Saudi ulamas committee declared that due to similarities between Friday and Saturday holidays with Jewish and Christian holidays, therefore these holidays are Haram (forbidden).
- Statement – UK Muslim body decries divisive moves against Shias
The Muslim Council of Britain has condemned incidents of “hateful sectarian messages” on the streets of the country against Shia Muslims.
- Bahraini blogger ‘Ali Abdulemam’ says granted asylum in Britain
A Bahraini blogger and human rights activist said he had been granted asylum in Britain after being in hiding for two years.
- Several Bahraini detainees refused access to toilet facilities for prolonged periods
Several detainees were refused access to toilet facilities for prolonged periods, as a result of which they were forced to urinate on themselves.
- Pakistan: Excommunicator terrorist group threatens terrorism after defeat in election
Takfiri (Excommunicator) terrorist group of Sipah-e-Sahaba has threatened Pakistanis with terrorist attacks after humiliating defeat of their leaders in the elections.
- Administratives of Imam Hussein shrine rewards Shaikh al-Kerbalai exerting all efforts within last ten years
The administrative body of the Imam Hussein holy shrine granted the Secretary-General of the Imam Hussein holy shrine Shaikh Abdul Mahdi al-Kerbalai a shield of creativity and excellence for sparing no efforts within the last ten years serving the Imam Hussein (p.b.u.h).
- UN Rights Chief Condemns Syria Mutilation Video
U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay has denounced an Internet video showing the mutilation of a Syrian soldier’s body by a rebel fighter, and urged the armed Syrian Opposition to stop such gross crimes.