- EU reconsiders arms embargo on Syria
The EU considers calls from Britain and France for an easing of sanctions so weapons can be supplied to the Syrian rebels.
- Saudi Arabia: Appeal for human rights defenders facing up to 11 years in jail
Todays court appeal by two members of a prominent Saudi Arabian human rights organization is a bid for justice amid a broader crackdown on activism in the Gulf kingdom, said Amnesty International.
- Syrian Army Continues Mop-up Operations in Various Cities
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian troops Tuesday smashed anti-government fighters from al-Nusra Front in a number of villages and towns in Idlib and Hama outskirts, killing and wounding a large number of them.
- Report: 500 Terrorist Groups Fighting Syrian Gov’t
TEHRAN (FNA)- Over 500 terrorist cells and groups are now fighting against Bashar al-Assad’s government in different parts of Syria, media reports disclosed on Tuesday.
- Baghdad bombings death toll rises to 70
More than 70 people were killed in a wave of bombings in markets in Shia neighbourhoods across Baghdad on Monday in worsening sectarian violence in Iraq.
- Islamic college wins court case against Saudi Arabia
AN Islamic college has been cleared to pursue more than $2 million from the Saudi Arabian government for schooling its citizens in Australia.
- Kenyan Woman Says Saudi Arabian Diplomats Kept Her As Domestic Slave (Video)
A young Kenyan woman is saying that she was kept as a domestic slave for three months by Saudi Arabian diplomats living in Virginia.
- Saudi Scholar Banned in Switzerland
Saudi religious scholar Mohammad Al Arifi has been banned from entering Switzerland and the Schengen countries (26 European countries that have abolished passport and immigration controls at their common borders), Gulf News reports.
- Shia lawyer, 2 sons killed in Karachi
In a sectarian attack, a Shia lawyer and his two young sons were killed today in a drive-by shooting in the Pakistani port city of Karachi, police said.
- Fears of arms race in Syria
The European Union’s decision to lift its arms embargo on the Syrian opposition has escalated tensions between the United States and Russia, triggering denunciation from Moscow but warm welcome from Washington.