- Syria says Assad will remain president until 2014
BEIRUT (AP) — Syria’s foreign minister laid out a hard line Wednesday, saying Bashar Assad will remain president at least until elections in 2014 and might seek another term, conditions that will make it difficult for the opposition to agree to U.N.-sponsored talks on ending the civil war.
- Egyptian Salafists Call for Attacks in Shiite Countries
Al Faroq Media regularly publishes Mohammed al Zawahiri’s statements and propaganda. The outfit published a statement from 20 Egyptian Salafists, including al Zawahiri, calling for attacks inside Shiite-led countries.
- 11 thousands Sq m of research and study spaces of libraries of Imam Ridha holy shrine
Libraries of Astan Quds Razavi with an area of 10 thousands and 634 square meters serve the researchers across this religious metropolis.
- Imam Hussein (AS) Int’l Conference Planned in Lahore
The city of Lahore, Pakistan, will host an international conference named “Imam Hussein (AS)” on June 15-16.
- 50 Quranic products to Be Unveiled at Tehran Int’l Quran Exhibition
As many as 50 Quranic products will be unveiled at the 21st International Holy Quran Exhibition in Tehran.
- Shia Genocide Continues; Another Shia Martyred in Karachi / Police Constable Confesses Murders of 8 Shias
New wave of Shia genocide has engulfed Pakistan after caretaker Chief Minister of the Punjab, Mr. Najam Sethi, decided to release 112 arrested terrorists of banned sectarian outfit Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP, also known as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi LeJ and Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat Deobandi ASWJ-D).
- Russia criticizes US-backed anti-Syria draft resolution
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has criticized a US-backed anti-Syria draft resolution which has been put to debate by the UN Human Rights Council.
- Bahraini regime forces attack funeral procession
Bahraini regime forces have attacked the funeral procession of a man who died after inhaling tear gas in the village of Karzakan.
- U.N. Rights Council Passes Resolution Calling for End to Fighting in Syrian Town
GENEVA — The United Nations Human Rights Council overwhelmingly passed a resolution on Wednesday that calls for an immediate end to fighting around Qusayr, a strategic Syrian town, and condemns the intervention of foreign combatants on the government’s side in the Syrian civil war.