- Wahhabi clerics call to boycott Iranian products
Calls to boycott Iranian products are gaining support in the region after a meeting of leading Sunni clerics in Cairo urged Muslims to declare a jihad against the Syrian regime supported by Iranian and Hezbollah fighters.
- Opposition Group Blasts Bahrain’s Segregationist Ruling System
A senior member of Bahrain’s al-Wefaq National Islamic Society lambasted the discriminatory policies of the al-Khalifa regime, and called for the freedom of all political prisoners.
- Militants Kill Young Man by Amputating Hand, Foot in Syria’s Aleppo
Militants in Syria brutally amputated hand and foot of a young Syrian young man in Reef (outskirts of) Aleppo’s Al-Bab.
- Morsi cuts Egypt’s Syria ties, condemns Hezbollah
Egyptian president says Cairo decided to break off relations with Syria, adds Hezbollah must leave Syria and urges world powers to enforce no-fly zone
- ‘I’ll set this plane on fire’: Note causes transatlantic Egyptair plane diversion to Glasgow Prestwick Airport
A passenger jet was forced to make an emergency landing in Scotland after a written note was found on board threatening to set the plane on fire.
- Police clear Istanbul’s Gezi Park after Erdogan warning
Turkish riot police have cleared a park in the centre of Istanbul which has been occupied for more than two weeks by anti-government protesters.
- Attacks Test New Pakistan Government
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Islamic militants blew up a bus carrying female university students in Baluchistan Province in southwestern Pakistan on Saturday and then attacked a hospital complex where the wounded had been taken and local officials had gathered to comfort them, leaving at least 23 people dead.
- Attack kills 2, wounds 27 at Iranian exile group’s camp in Iraq
Baghdad, Iraq (CNN) — A camp housing a group of Iranian dissidents in Iraq was attacked Saturday, leaving at least two people dead and 27 wounded, a spokesman for the group said.
- Hassan Rouhani wins Iran presidential election
Reformist-backed cleric Hassan Rouhani has won Iran’s presidential election, securing just over 50% of the vote and so avoiding the need for a run-off.