- Conference on Tear Gas: Silent Killing in Bahrain
“That feeling was killing me as my daughter lay in terrible pain and moaned, she didn’t want to die!
- Muslim Brotherhood deputy leader Khairat al-Shater arrested
Khairat al-Shater, the deputy leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, has been arrested, an Egyptian Interior Ministry general has announced.
- Al-Wefaq SG: Bahrain regime is not heading for solution, wide violations over three months
Bahrain is under a tribal rule and the state is absent, Sheikh Ali Salman said, adding, the regime continues to practice wide violations and Al-Wefaq Human Right’s has documented big numbers of various violations since March 2013.
- Kedah to act against Shia preachers
SUNGAI PETANI: The Kedah Islamic Religious Department (JAIK) has identified several individuals propagating banned Shia teachings in the state.
- Takfiri Deobandi Taliban Officially Declared Outcast by Consensus Fatwa of Sunni Ulema
In a major and bold statement today, main stream Sunni muslim scholars issue a religious decree against Takfiris yesterday in Pakistan, calling them Kharjites (out-cast) of modern era.
- Syrian army hurls barrage on city of Homs
BEIRUT — Syrian government troops unleashed a major artillery barrage on Homs on Friday, hitting buildings near a 13th century mosque as they pressed an assault on rebel-held areas in the country’s strategic heartland.
- Deadly car bomb targets Shias in Baghdad
At least 15 people killed and 32 wounded in blast near a Shia religious hall in Iraqi capital.
- Iran devalues official rial rate by more than half
TEHRAN (AFP) – Iran’s central bank on Saturday drastically devalued the national currency’s fixed subsidised rate against the dollar, as the Islamic republic struggles to shore up its faltering economy.