- Religious research specialist urges to toughen punishment for extremism in Russia
Orenburg, July 3, Interfax – The lack of applicable legislation attracts a great number of extremists to Russia, religious research specialist, deputy head of the Expert Council for State Religious Expertise at the Russian Justice Ministry Roman Silantyev believes.
- UAE astronomers explain moon sighting and link to Ramadan
Dubai: As the Hijri (Islamic) calendar is a lunar calendar and so follows the moons cycle, that is why Ramadans beginning is decided by moon sightings.
- Monsoon clouds delay Ramadan, fasting will now begin tomorrow
Cloudy skies across most of India on Tuesday hindered the ancient Islamic ritual of moon-sighting necessary for declaring the holy Ramadan month, as millions of Muslims awaited a confirmation to prepare for fasting.
- Saudi Arabia planning to assassinate fugitive Iraqi VP Tariq al-Hashemi
The Saudi regime is reportedly planning to assassinate fugitive Iraqi Vice President Tariq al-Hashemi over fears that he might disclose Saudi Arabia’s role in cooperation with al-Qaeda militants in Iraq.
- Syria militants used chemical weapons in Aleppo: Russia
Russian experts have found that Syrian militants fighting against the government of President Bashar al-Assad made sarin nerve gas and used it in a deadly attack outside Aleppo in March.
- Saudi-Backed Terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba Killed Shiite Muslim ‘Mansoor Hussain Jafri’ in Karachi
A 30-year-old Shia Muslim Mansoor Hussain Jafri s/o Sabir Ali Jafri has been shot martyred by Saudi-funded terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba in Karachi on Monday. Tow other Shias also injured in Karachi.
- Car bomb rocks Shia suburb in Beirut
Explosion wounds 53 people in busy southern Beirut shopping area controlled by Lebanese Shia group Hezbollah.
- Temporary marriage becomes popular among young UK Muslims
LONDON: Young British Muslims are increasingly turning towards Mutah or temporary marriage for better understanding with each other and to assess if the couples are compatible and can last long but also to balance their religious beliefs with their modern Western lifestyle.
- Iraqis mourn Shiite fighter killed in Syria
BAGHDAD Hundreds of Iraqis have mourned in Baghdad a Shiite fighter killed in Syria.