- Iran launches ‘national email service’
Citizens must register identity to receive official email, but new president Hassan Rouhani may take softer line on censorship
- Al-Azhar: Al-Qaradawi’s Remarks, an Insult to Egyptian Nation
Egypt’s Al-Azhar Islamic Center regarded recent remarks by Yusuf Al-Qaradawi as an insult to the Egyptian nation and involvement in the sedition.
- Takfiris, Main Losers in Morsi’s Ouster
Takfiris (those considering their fellow-Muslims as infidels) are the main losers in the developments that led to the ouster of Mohamed Morsi.
- Syrian Army Kills 100 Armed Rebels in Deir Ezzor
The Syrian Army units inflicted heavy losses upon armed rebel groups and destroyed their equipment and weapons in al-Marieh, al-Sana’eh and Jasr al-Sayyasieh neighborhoods in Deir Ezzor on Wednesday.
- Syrian army finds arms storage tunnel in Homs
Syrian army has found a tunnel in Homs dug by militants to store ammunition, seizing a huge amount of weapons.
- Bahraini troops raid houses, arrest 30 activists
Bahraini troops have arrested more than 30 people in raids on houses of anti-regime activists in several villages across the country.
- Bomb Kills Pakistan President’s Aide, 2 Others: Police
A bomb targeting one of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari’s senior personal security officers killed at least three people in Karachi on Wednesday, police said.
- I became Shia when I saw Imam Ali (A.S.)
Egyptian media have described him as the most challenging and controversial Egyptian elders. Shahid Sheikh Hassan Shahata was the most famous orator in Egyptian Mosques which some of his lectures converted 90 percent of his audience to Shiism.
- Syrians say they have given up on U.S. weapons promises
BEIRUT (Reuters) – Members of the Syrian opposition said on Tuesday that they had given up hope that the United States would deliver promised military aid to rebels as war planes and artillery smashed the central city of Homs.
- Kontras demands protection for Shiite followers
The Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (Kontras) has urged the government to provide protection for the minority Shiite