- Bahraini Opposition Figures Condemn Al Khalifa for Torturing Female Activist
Several political activists and opposition figures condemned the Bahraini regime security forces for assaulting and denuding Reyhana al-Mousavi, calling it another shameful stain in the regime’s record.
- Ramadan Fasting Challenges Arctic Muslims
In a city where the sun never sets, Ramadan fasting is providing an enormous challenge to Muslims in Sweden’s northernmost city of Kiruna where devout Muslims fast from sun up to sun down for a month.
- Ramadan Course on Islamic Principles and Beliefs To Be Held in India
On the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan, a special course on Islamic principles and beliefs will be held by Mu’ammel Cultural Institute from July 16 in Lucknow District of India.
- MQM MPA’s killer dies in mysterious way in CID police custody
KARACHI: Killer of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) MPA Sajid Qureshi died in a mysterious way in the Crime Investigation Department (CID) police custody, local tv reports on Saturday.
- Pizza, burger, pancakes shape up Roza Aftaar menu
Lucknow, (IANS): Breaking the ritualistic fast in the holy month of Ramadan would also mark a break with tradition in the one-time city of nawabs here. After the prayers, devout Muslims could eat pizzas, burgers, or even pancakes!
- Egypt prosecutors question Mursi over 2011 jailbreak
Investigators began questioning Egypt’s ousted president Mohammed Mursi and members of his Muslim Brotherhood on Sunday over their escape from jail during the 2011 uprising, judicial sources told AFP.
- 47 killed in Iraq attacks
KIRKUK – Violence in Iraq killed 47 people the other day, with the deadliest attack a suicide bombing that ripped through a crowded cafe, leaving 38 dead, police and doctors said.
- Pakistani Taliban joins anti-Assad war
PAKISTAN – The Pakistani Taliban have set up camps and sent hundreds of men to Syria to fight alongside rebels opposed to President Bashar al-Assad as part of a strategy aimed at cementing ties with Al-Qaeda’s central leadership.
- Army dismantles bomb near Shiite council in Beirut
BEIRUT: The Army dismantled a bomb Saturday night near the Higher Shiite Council in the Beirut suburb of Ghobeiry, a security source told The Daily Star.