- UN says Syria refugee crisis worst since Rwanda
The conflict in Syria has caused the world’s worst refugee crisis for 20 years, with an average of 6,000 people fleeing every day in 2013, the UN says.
- Bangladesh war crimes: Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mujahid to be executed
A leading Islamist politician in Bangladesh has been sentenced to death over war crimes committed during the 1971 war of independence with Pakistan.
- Gunmen kill pro-Assad figure in Lebanon as Syria war spreads
Beirut: Suspected rebel gunmen assassinated a well-known supporter of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Lebanon on Wednesday, the latest sign that Syria’s civil war is spreading to its smaller neighbour.
- Stray bullets from Syria kill two Turkish citizens
(Reuters) – One man and a 15-year-old boy were killed when they were hit by stray bullets from Syria in the Turkish border town of Ceylanpinar, Turkish security sources and health officials said on Wednesday.
- Armed Rebels Execute Syrian People in Homs
Militants in Syria killed scores of innocent people in the Central province of Homs.
- Bahrain: Abandonment of law by the authorities is a dangerous scandal
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Al Wefaq National Islamic Society in Bahrain has said that the abandoning of the law, by the authorities, is a dangerous scandal and the continuation of this method is in contravention of the constitution, law, Islamic Shari’a and international covenants.
- Beginning of the activities of the Imam Hussein Scout Organization in Remadhan month
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – The activities of the Imam Hussein Scout Organization have begun in Remadhan Month, performed by youths age 14 – 16 years old, for two months beginning from Remadhan month according to a schedule laid out by the board of the Imam Hussein holy shrine.
- Hazara, Shia parties warn against plot to trigger sectarian violence
Hazara and Shia leaders have warned that a conspiracy is being hatched to trigger sectarian violence in Balochistan.
- Displaced Shia to return home by Idul Fitri
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has promised Shiites from Sampang, Madura Island, that they will be able to return to their home villages by the end of July, in time for Idul Fitri.