- 27 die in blasts, attacks across Iraq
At least 27 people, including 20 worshippers and five women, have been killed in the latest spate of attacks and blasts across Iraq.
- Syria Army gains control over Aleppo’s al-Rashedin district
The Syrian Army has gained full control over Aleppo’s al-Rashedin District following fresh advances in the strategic city.
- Bahraini protesters, police clash; several injured
Several people have been injured in clashes between anti-government protesters and Bahraini regime forces in the Persian Gulf country.
- Iran, Iraq to jointly explore, develop border gas, oil fields
The Iranian Oil Ministry says Tehran and Baghdad have agreed to explore and develop oil and gas fields lying along the common border between the neighboring OPEC members, Press TV reports.
- Mortar shells hit holy shrine in Syria
Mortar shells fired by the militants fighting against the Syrian government have hit the holy shrine of Hazrat Zaynab (AS) on the suburbs of the violence-plagued Syrian capital city, Damascus.
- Syria’s Assad may cling on, Britain will not arm rebels: sources
LONDON (Reuters) – Britain has abandoned plans to arm Syrian rebels fighting to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad and believes he might survive in office for years, sources familiar with government thinking say.
- Turkey responds to fire from Syria: Army
The Turkish army says it has responded to fire coming from the Syrian side of the border.
- Kedah govt to list Shia as deviant
PRESERVING STABILITY: Move to curb family disputes on rightful Islamic practice, says MB
- Govt says no guarantee for Shia Idul Fitri homecoming
The government has denied making any promises to the displaced Shia community from Sampang, Madura, that they would return home soon.
- 717 people killed in religious violence against Pak minorities in past 18 months: Report
Islamabad, July 19 (ANI): Nearly 1800 casualties, including 717 deaths, were reported in around 203 incidents of sectarian violence in Pakistan in the past 18 months, according to a report.