- Imam Hussein shrine holds the Global Convention on protecting holy shrines & human heritage
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – In cooperation with the Documentary Center to protect the Islamic holy shrines, the Imam Hussein holy shrine announced holding the Global Convention on protecting Islamic holy shrines next September under the title of (Protecting the holy shrines & human heritage is a human necessity).
- Top Anti-Shia Kuwati Extremist Salafi Perished in Syria Clashes
On, July 24, 2013, social media sites promoting Al-Qaeda & Wahhabism mourned the killing of Saud Fayez Al-Houeila Al-Ajami along with 30 of his mostly Kuwaiti followers from the FSA, the Free From Syrians Army, near Idleb, north west of Syria by SAA, the Syrian Arab Army.
- Ayatollah Makarem: Vicious Salafi moves is without precedent
One of the Islamic Jurisprudents pointed to the Vicious measures done by Salafi groups and said the grisly moves of Salafies are without precedent during the history.
- Bahrain Al Khalifa Regime Destroys Another Shiite Mosque
Bahraini security forces have destroyed Sheikh Fadhel al-Asfari Mosque in Bilad al-Qadeem suburb of the capital Manama.
- 150 people arrested in Sulaiman Bek, hours after 14 Shiite drivers killed on identity
150 people were arrested in Sulaiman Bek sub-district in Kirkuk after 14 hours after Shiite trucks drivers were killed, a local official said.
- Egypt arresting and threatening to deport Syrian refugees, HRW says
Egypt has been detaining Syrian refugees without charge and threatening to deport them in a climate of growing hostility since the army seized power last month, the rights group Human Rights Watch (HRW) said on Thursday.
- Govt to offer Rp 1t if Sampang issue resolved
The government has promised to set aside special funds worth Rp 1 trillion (US$105 million) for infrastructure development and restoration in Madura, East Java, on the condition that the conflict between the Sunni and Shia groups in Sampang is resolved.
- US opens more exports of medical equipment to Iran
The US has eased sanctions on exports of medical equipment to Iran, the treasury department has said.
- Shi’ite truck drivers executed in Iraq
Kirkuk – Dozens of Sunni militants set up a roadblock on a highway north of Baghdad early on Thursday, stopped trucks, checked IDs and then summarily executed 14 Shi’ite drivers, officials said.