- Signal to US in Iran trip
New Delhi, Aug. 1: India has decided to elevate its presence at the anointment of Iranian President-elect Hassan Rohani on August 4, dropping an earlier plan to send foreign minister Salman Khurshid and instead picking Vice-President Hamid Ansari for the role.
- Saudi Weapons Delivered to Al-Qaeda in Northern Syria
The UN has received intelligence showing that 60% of Saudi arms shipments to Syria have been delivered to al-Qaeda forces, sources said.
- Pakistan: Abducted Shia Muslim Irfan Naqvi Decapitated by Militants of Lashkar-e-Jhagvi in Lahore
A Shia Muslim Syed Irfan Naqvi, who was abducted by Deobandi militants of Lashkar-e-Jhagvi from Model Town Lahore almost three years ago, has been decapitated, a video released by terrorists.
- Al Khalifa Regime Arrests Prominent Activist
Bahrain’s security forces arrested a famous anti-regime activist as the Al Khalifa regime’s brutal clampdown on the opposition intensified.
- Millions of Shia Muslims to protest against killings on Friday
The Shia Ulema Council on Wednesday gave a call for staging rallies on Friday against the Shia genocide.
- Shia persecution violates freedom of religion
The concerted action by state and government authorities to demonise Shia Muslim followers and to ban their teachings is extremely worrying and a clear violation of Malaysias commitments to freedom of religion and belief.
- Pakistan: Shia Convert Killed by Family Members
Khanpur Mianwali High Schools Master Aijaz Khan was killed by his own brother for converting to Shiite Islam.
- Curfew lifted in DI Khan
DERA ISMAIL KHAN – Life returned to normalcy after the curfew imposed following Tuesday’s attack on central prison, has been lifted in Dera Ismail Khan and Tank.
- Iraq: 1,057 Killed in July, U.N. Says
The United Nations said Thursday that July was Iraqs deadliest month in more than five years, describing a series of bombings and shootings as an epidemic of sectarian-tinged violence that had killed 1,057 Iraqis and wounded 2,326.
- 40 die as rockets strike weapons depot in Syria
DAMASCUS, Aug 1: Rocket attacks struck government-held districts in the central Syrian city of Homs on Thursday, setting off successive explosions in a weapons depot that killed at least 40 people and wounded dozens, an opposition group and residents said.