- Umno’s anti-Shia campaign shows ignorance of Islamic scholarship – Hadi
The government’s current campaign against Shi’ite Islam has only exposed its deep ignorance about age-old differences within the Islamic tradition that have been tolerated for centuries, according to PAS president Tuan Guru Abdul Hadi Awang.
- Clerics slam Akhilesh for Lucknow sectarian violence
With no letup in sectarian violence in the old parts of Lucknow, religious leaders Saturday slammed the Akhilesh Yadav’s government for “failing to control” the outbreak.
- Al-Nusra Front Field Commander Killed in Aleppo
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian army killed a number of foreign-backed militants including an al-Nusra Front field commander called Abu Suhayb al-Shishani in Aleppo’s Bustan al-Basha.
- Rouhani Sworn in as Iran’s New President
TEHRAN (FNA)- The swearing-in ceremony of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani kicked off in the capital, Tehran, at 16:00 local time (1130 GMT) on Sunday in the presence of senior Iranian state and military officials as well as foreign dignitaries.
- Iraq to Expel All MKO Members from Camp Ashraf after Ramadan
TEHRAN (FNA)- All members of the terrorist Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO, also known as MEK, NCR and PMOI) will be expelled from Camp Ashraf after the holy month of Ramadan, police sources said.
- Sudan says Saudi blocked Iran-bound Bashir from airspace
KHARTOUM (AFP) – Saudi Arabia denied permission for a plane carrying Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir to cross its airspace on Sunday for the swearing-in of Iran’s new president, Khartoum said.
- Bahrain Ministry of Interior admits the attack on the house of Al-Wefaq Secretary General
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Al Wefaq National Islamic Society stated that the Ministry of Interior has officially announced that it is responsible for an operation conducted by masked militias to remove surveillance (security) cameras from the house of Al Wefaq Secretary General.
- Behind the Scenes: Saudi-Turkish Rift Escalating on Region Leadership
The escalating rift between Saudi Arabia and Turkey hit unprecedented level, especially after the Riyadh went into direct confrontation with the Muslim brotherhood group in Egypt supported by the Ankara.
- Gunmen kill pro-regime family near Damascus: NGO
AFP – Unidentified gunmen stormed a Damascus home and killed five members of a family supporting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, a monitoring group said on Sunday.
- Iraqi General Abdulamir al-Zaidi survives as anti-terror convoy attacked, 14 killed across Iraq
A TOP Iraqi army officer said he survived a bombing on Saturday that killed nine soldiers during an operation against al-Qaida militants north of Baghdad, while 15 people died in other attacks.