- Pakistani police confiscates 100 tons explosives ready to use against Shia Muslims
Frontier Corps (FC) said Wednesday that a car bomb factory where troops confiscated more than 100 tones of chemicals had been used in recent attacks on troops and the Shia community.
- Pakistani Shiite politician shot martyred, guard injured in a targeted attack
A Shia member of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PMLN) was shot martyred and his guard was injured in a targeted attack by Sipah-e-Sahaba’s terrorists in Hafizabad of Punjab province.
- Families of abducted Lebanese Shia angry over lawsuit
The families of Lebanese pilgrims kidnapped by insurgents in Syria last year say they’re shocked by accusations of taking part in the kidnapping of two Turks earlier this month.
- Saudi-Bakced Sipah-e-Sahaba Terrorists Killed Shiite Doctor in Karachi
Saudi-backed terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba (SSP) have killed a Shia doctor, Ghazanfar Abbas near Hasan Colony, Liaquatabad area of Karachi late night on 21 August 2013.
- Imam Hussein Scout Society conducts a campaign to clean the streets of Karbala city
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – A group of the Imam Hussein scouts has run a campaign to clean the streets of the old city of Karbala.
- Grand Ayatollah Makarem: “We Hope Shrines of Baqi’s Imams would be Built Magnificently One Day”
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Condemning the insulting destruction of all the Islamic monuments in the two holy shrines especially tombs of Baqi’s Imams, Grand Shiite cleric, Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi asserted, “Over 80 years ago on Shawwal 8 (16th August), the stupid Wahhabis ruined the magnificent shrine of the Infallible Imams (A.S.) in Baqi.”
- Bahraini Activists Defy Protest Bans
People in Bahrain defied official bans on anti-regime protests in Manama and other regions.
- Demand to nominate a Shia member on State Hajj Committee
Hyderabad, India (Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Mr. Meer Hadi Ali, President of All India Shia organization and former member of A.P. State Wakf Board demanded the C.M. of A.P. Mr. Kiran Kumar Reddy, Mr. Ahmedullah, Minister of Minorities Welfare and Mr. Ahmed Nadeem, IAS, Secretary of the Dept. of Minorities Welfare to nominate a Shia scholar as the member of State Hajj Committee and also to select a Shia member as Hajj volunteer to offer guidance and service to the Hajj pilgrims.
- Bahrain: Is police reform facade or fact?
Authorities in the Gulf island kingdom of Bahrain say they have undertaken a lengthy list of reforms of the police but critics say the reforms are little more than window dressing.
- Syria refugees pour into Iraqi Kurdistan in thousands
Thousands of refugees from Syria are pouring over the border into Iraqi Kurdistan, the UN refugee agency says.