- Florida imam gets 25 years in prison for aiding anti-Shia Pakistani Taliban
A 78-year-old south Florida imam was sentenced to 25 years in prison by a judge on Friday for funneling more than $50,000 to the Pakistani Taliban.
- 355 dead after Syria ‘chemical’ attack: NGO
Syrian state media accused rebels of using chemical arms against government troops in clashes Saturday near Damascus, while an international aid group said it has tallied 355 deaths from the purported chemical weapons attack earlier this week.
- Exclusive: UK’s secret Mid-East internet surveillance base is revealed in Edward Snowden leaks
Data-gathering operation is part of a £1bn web project still being assembled by GCHQ
- Iraq assures safety, seeks Indian investment
Mumbai: Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Kamil al-Maliki on Saturday assured a secure investment and business climate and asked Indian companies to participate in the rebuilding of the war-ravaged country.
- Evidence of False Allegations Against Damascus Regarding the Use of Chemical Weapons ~ Prove delle False Accuse Contro Damasco Riguardo l’Uso di Armi Chimiche ~ (ENG-ITA+Videos)
According to all the youtube-sites accounts of the “opponents”, the bombing started with chemical weapons at 3 in the morning of 21 August 2013, that is after midnight of the 20 August, in the dark.
- Curfew imposed after Shia-Sunni clashes in Pak
A strict indefinite curfew has been clamped in Bhakkar and other restive districts of Pakistan’s Punjab province, a day after deadly Sunni-Shia clashes claimed at least 11 lives.
- Syrian army finds chemicals in militants tunnels
Syrian army soldiers have found chemical agents in tunnels dug by the foreign-backed militants in a northeastern suburb of the capital, Damascus, Syrian TV says.
- Syria will let UN inspectors probe chemical attack: FM
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem says Damascus will provide the UN team with access to the site of the recent alleged chemical attack in the country.
- HRW urges Pakistan to stop Shia massacre
Human Rights Watch (HRW) says the Islamabad government should detain and prosecute those responsible for deadly attacks on the Shia Muslims across Pakistan.
- Islamist militants slit throats of 44 in northeast Nigeria
Suspected Islamist insurgents have killed 44 people in a village in northeast Nigeria by slitting their throats, officials said today.