- Hijab-wearing Girls Banned from School in Azerbaijan
The Azerbaijan Republic’s minster of education said girls who wear Hijab will not be allowed into high schools.
- German Chancellor Refuses German Assistance for Airstrikes against Syria
Germany will not take part in any military action against Syria, Chancellor Angela Merkel said Friday.
- Syria Rebuffs US Claims on Chemical Attack as “False”, “Full of Fabrication”
The Syrian government dismissed US allegations that Damascus was behind a recent chemical weapons attack, saying they are “based on old stories,” and “full of fabrication and lies.”
- Twin bomb blasts kill 13, injure 18 in north Iraq
At least 13 people, mostly children, have been killed and 18 others, including a baby, wounded in twin bomb blasts hitting the northern Iraqi town of Tuz Khormato.
- Demonstrations in Several Countries against Attack on Syria
Demonstrations have been held in several countries, including the United States, against potential Western-led military action against Syria.
- Islamic titles released in German book market
New works on Islamic thinking and teachings have been published in the German book market.
- Syrian rebels plan raids to exploit Western strikes
Opposition fighters across Syria are preparing to launch attacks that exploit anticipated US-led military strikes, but there are no plans to coordinate with Western forces, a Syrian rebel commander said on Saturday.
- Syria expects an attack ’at any moment’: security official
Syria expects a military attack “at any moment”, a security official told AFP on Saturday, just hours after UN experts probing a suspected gas attack blamed on the regime left the country.
- Free Syrian Army fatwa forbids killing ‘believer lice growing in blessed beards’: report
The Free Syrian Army has issued a fatwa prohibiting the killing of lice that appear in the Muslim beard or else “be punished with 50 lashes by Sharia,” Ahlulbayt News, an English-language Shia Islamic television channel, reported Sunday.
- Council gives go ahead for mosque to be built next to a church in Melbourne’s north
TENSIONS ran high tonight as a northern suburbs council gave the go-ahead for a mosque to be built next door to a Christian church.