- Pakistan: Shia Scholar Murdered by Sipah-e-Sahaba Militants
Shiite man Syed Raza Rizvi was shot dead in Nazimabad by terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba. His body has been moved from the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital to the Old Rizvia Imambargah.
- Al-Wefaq SG calls on international community to send inquiry commission to Bahrain
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Sheikh Ali Salman, the Sevretary-General of Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society in Bahrain called on the international community to take a step forward and put Bahrain under binding decisions and send a rights inquiry commission and compel the visits of the Special Procedures of the United Nation’s Human Rights Council.
- Funeral held for Shiite youth killed by Saudi Wahhabi forces / Pics
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Thousands of people have joined the funeral ceremony of a Shiite young man killed in Saudi Arabia’s eastern city of Awamiya during the regime forces’ crackdown on dissidents.
- Syria hostage Domenico Quirico ‘treated like animal’
An Italian war correspondent held captive by multiple armed groups in Syria has spoken of how he was treated “like an animal”.
- Iraq blasts near Baghdad Shia mosque ‘kill at least 35’
Two explosions near a Shia mosque in the Iraqi capital Baghdad have killed at least 35 people, officials say.
- Iran: At least 44 killed in bus collision near Qom
At least 44 people died when two buses collided near the Iranian city of Qom, say local news reports.
- Iran reopens House of Cinema centre under new president
Iran has reopened its main film industry guild almost two years after it was closed by hardliners, state news agency Irna reports.
- Syria crisis: Tense US-Russia talks on chemicals deal
The Russian and US foreign ministers have begun crucial talks in Geneva on a plan to place Syria’s chemical weapons under international control.
- UN Report Accuses Both Sides in Syria of War Crimes
A four-person United Nations rights panel has released a report citing evidence of war crimes by both sides in Syria. The report comes at a critical moment when the United States and Russia are working to determine the best course of action in Syria.
- Iran’s president to meet Putin for talks of ‘utmost importance’
Hassan Rouhani, Iran’s centrist president, will meet his Russian counterpart at Shanghai Cooperation Organisation in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, on Friday in what he has described as a meeting of “utmost importance” for Tehran.